Post a pic of your yacht - big or small

doris

Visit site
quick and a handicap bandit too ..friend here bought one specifically because it was quick and handicap was ‘very favourable’ and he’s cleaning up !
A bit harsh, maybe he just sails it well. It’s not that close winded without an overlapping headsail ( poor sheeting angle) which limits it in light airs round the cans. V quick off the wind

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
1974419_10202245984324496_589608665_o.jpg

My mate Micky's Vertue. Sadly no longer with us. The boat not my mate, he's doing fine. This is us arriving in Horta. I would probably have bought her but she sank mid Atlantic on the voyage north. Mick was single handed but made it out alive. I did love that boat.

MADRIGAL

Visit site
Looks rather like our first cruising boat - a Wayfarer.
Rather like it indeed! CL-16 is an unauthorised copy of the Wayfarer hull form, with a different cockpit and forepeak layout. The story is that C & L in Nova Scotia were importing wooden Wayfarer kits from Smallcraft Ltd., but one of the many dockers' strikes in the late 60s interrupted their supply chain. They built the CL-16 in GRP, but never came to an agreement with Ian Proctor to use his design.

Reactions: DJE

dombuckley

Visit site
Re: Wansworth

She's a yard design by Uphams of Brixham. The story goes that they had a client with a HB Z4 which they really liked, but was too small for their growing family. Uphams took the lines off, expanded them by two inches in the foot to make her a six tonner, large enough for four berths; they also gave a flatter run aft , to give greater buoyancy to support four people in the cockpit. So she looks very Harrison Butler from forward, but with a hint of Laurent Giles from astern.

Pye_End

Visit site
My mate Micky's Vertue. Sadly no longer with us. The boat not my mate, he's doing fine. This is us arriving in Horta. I would probably have bought her but she sank mid Atlantic on the voyage north. Mick was single handed but made it out alive. I did love that boat.

Sounds like a story to be told. Do tell why she sank at the very least! Lovely pocket cruisers.

dombuckley

Visit site
1974419_10202245984324496_589608665_o.jpg

Was that your series of youtube videos a few years back: "Simo goes to Horta"? Lovely boat, brilliant camaraderie between skipper and crew - the banter reminded me of sailing with my Dad (30 years sailing together, never a cross word spoken).

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
Was that your series of youtube videos a few years back: "Simo goes to Horta"? Lovely boat, brilliant camaraderie between skipper and crew - the banter reminded me of sailing with my Dad (30 years sailing together, never a cross word spoken).
Yes that was us. I was very much the Junior partner and learned a great deal on that trip.

wingcommander

Visit site
I passed this poor unfortunate sole heading back in today, just as he grounded. Felt bad as their was nothing I could do to help . He's 200mtrs from Fleetwood lock gates. Must have cut the corner or misjudged the tidal flow. Its a narrow question mark shaped bend. Hopefully tonight's high tide will lift him without any further disaster.

Attachments

• 20230520_163427.jpg
    20230520_163427.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • Wow
Reactions: Obi