Post a pic of your yacht - big or small

Wansworth

Visit site
Found a pic of our small yacht. A proper yacht, but seen through the wrong end of a telescope.
View attachment 156653View attachment 156654
And ready to launch, a few days back. On closer inspection, that's not new antifoul. She looks a bit smarter now.
Years ago I did a quick paint job on an x boat in Cowes I think on recollection they were a couple of chances who wanted to get in. On the Cowes week scene,Anyway just before embarking on a salvage vessel one of them turned up…….to test if the paint was dry he put his hand amidship on the white enamel……could I make it good again😂

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
Years ago I did a quick paint job on an x boat in Cowes I think on recollection they were a couple of chances who wanted to get in. On the Cowes week scene,Anyway just before embarking on a salvage vessel one of them turned up…….to test if the paint was dry he put his hand amidship on the white enamel……could I make it good again😂
When you said a couple of chancers I thought immediately of a certain Cowes character. But he would never do that with new paint. He’s owned a few classics in his time, and been into powerboat racing. A flexible fellow, one might say.

Wansworth

Visit site
When you said a couple of chancers I thought immediately of a certain Cowes character. But he would never do that with new paint. He’s owned a few classics in his time, and been into powerboat racing. A flexible fellow, one might say.
As long as they could point to it from thr veranda of the Island Sailin Club that’s all they needed ,the rig needed sorting to start with

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
As long as they could point to it from thr veranda of the Island Sailin Club that’s all they needed ,the rig needed sorting to start with
Ah right, that sort of chancer. The chap I thought of gave it his best shot, though the boat leaked like crazy and the tiller was broken🤣 Full credit for effort, he’s a sailor fist and foremost.

Wansworth

Visit site
Ah right, that sort of chancer. The chap I thought of gave it his best shot, though the boat leaked like crazy and the tiller was broken🤣 Full credit for effort, he’s a sailor fist and foremost.
Long time ag I hada friend who was up in the top table of x boats and used to work on them,he had a withered left arm fro polio cannot recall his name now but he was a great helmsman

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
Long time ag I hada friend who was up in the top table of x boats and used to work on them,he had a withered left arm fro polio cannot recall his name now but he was a great helmsman
Before my time in XODs, nobody of that description now. The top 10 in the fleet are kind of settled at the moment, with only 5 or 6 with a real prospect of winning.
though you never know…. IMG_2472.jpeg

Here is the lovely ‘Gleam’ leading Myrtle and Crumpet down the green, rest of fleet following.

steve yates

Visit site
My wee boat, BethFran, the Bradwell 18, at faversham town quay at high tide for a quick pint.
B6391374-BF96-4C43-9913-1EE60A454FE7.jpeg
and my big boat, JoJo, the westerly longbow. At Weymouth, for 3 days sampling the pubs waiting for the weather a few winters ago.
514E1E53-42BF-442F-8990-73A2174DE7DD.jpeg
And this one is not mine, but my mates. Selkie, a Twister, leaving Carbost on Skye. She is my scottish boat I can get back and get my fix on while JoJo is ashore being refitted. And I can take her away if Ian’snot using her anytime i wish.
5F7BC6D6-88D2-41AE-9F17-EA6D3B4CC8D3.jpeg

steveeasy

Visit site
My wee boat, BethFran, the Bradwell 18, at faversham town quay at high tide for a quick pint.
View attachment 156666
and my big boat, JoJo, the westerly longbow. At Weymouth, for 3 days sampling the pubs waiting for the weather a few winters ago.
View attachment 156667
And this one is not mine, but my mates. Selkie, a Twister, leaving Carbost on Skye. She is my scottish boat I can get back and get my fix on while JoJo is ashore being refitted. And I can take her away if Ian’snot using her anytime i wish.
View attachment 156668
All 3 are great. Of course I like the Twister. Haslar windvane too. Great you can use her when your mates not using her.

Steveeasy

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
View attachment 156666
View attachment 156667
View attachment 156668
Twister is doing 4kts by the look of the wavelength 😏