Portugal range of fines from overstay,

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Based on length of overstay. Ignoring the max penulty of 700 euro they are 40 euro to 250 for up to 30 days more expensive for 90 days overstay while 180 day overstay is serious and can attract max fine. Mittigating circumstaces for over 65 year old with short memory scan and typical poor mental organisation . I read this on the Local English newspaper, but it dissappeared behind a paywall before I could take notes. Would be interested in exact facts from any with access.

Seashoreman

www.pianotuning.uk.com
Chuck the link into www.paywallreader.com to read it.
I'm sure that is a useful tool but the link is an infinite joke.
It sends one into a circle of 'verify you are not a robot', click on motorbike, crossing, fire hydrants, etc etc
and never actually goes anywhere. Will try a Google, thanks for the idea.

wonkywinch

Visit site
I'm sure that is a useful tool but the link is an infinite joke.
It sends one into a circle of 'verify you are not a robot', click on motorbike, crossing, fire hydrants, etc etc
and never actually goes anywhere. Will try a Google, thanks for the idea.
What browser are you using? I have used Brave for many years (avoids pop ups etc) and log straight in without the daft captcha thing.

Google won't help you now, since they removed page caching recently, you'll get redirected into the newspaper's paywall. Click on the "internet archive" version in Paywall Reader (if you use it) or follow these tips:

Google Cache Is Gone: How to View Archived Versions of a Website

PR.jpg

Seashoreman

www.pianotuning.uk.com
What browser are you using? I have used Brave for many years (avoids pop ups etc) and log straight in without the daft captcha thing.

Google won't help you now, since they removed page caching recently, you'll get redirected into the newspaper's paywall. Click on the "internet archive" version in Paywall Reader (if you use it) or follow these tips:

Google Cache Is Gone: How to View Archived Versions of a Website

View attachment 183284
I just use the built in Edge. Have downloaded it after a separate search and will activate later, thanks.
No big deal, just thought I would mention my experience of clicking your link?

wonkywinch

Visit site
Default browsers are not necessarily a good thing particularly as, with most things in life, human nature is to not stray from standard/default settings which makes it ripe for hackers to spend their time finding it's weaknesses.

Brave vs Edge | Brave

Seashoreman

www.pianotuning.uk.com
Default browsers are not necessarily a good thing particularly as, with most things in life, human nature is to not stray from standard/default settings which makes it ripe for hackers to spend their time finding it's weaknesses.

Brave vs Edge | Brave
Really don't want to divert from OP's important info. But, with respect wonky, I don't spend a great deal of time on the web and consequently feel I can trust Microsoft to look after me. No intension of spending more of my life working out what is better than what I have been served with. It would take me literally days to read the opinions of people on the differences and positive aspects of alternative browsers and I really am not overly concerned. I am sure there are millions of hackers who are totally fascinated with my dull existence. But, seriously, thanks for the advice, well meaning, seriously.
Now back to the Portuguese fines: ...........

ylop

Visit site
Given someone has gone to the trouble of describing a specific situation of interest only to a niche group of people, would a reasonable solution not be to pay to access the publication?

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
Now the interesting question is does paying the fine to Portugal expunge the overstay sin as far as other Shengen countries are concerned (rather like a visa one pays for after the fact) or, having paid the fine. could one still encounter problems when trying to enter other Shengen countries afterwards becasue of the recorded overstay?

st599

Visit site
Now the interesting question is does paying the fine to Portugal expunge the overstay sin as far as other Shengen countries are concerned (rather like a visa one pays for after the fact) or, having paid the fine. could one still encounter problems when trying to enter other Shengen countries afterwards becasue of the recorded overstay?
It depends on the overstay, where you were caught, if you'd done something outside the rules like working etc. etc. But the German website lists upto 5 year Shcengen re-entry bans as fines.

greeny

Visit site
I would have thought that having waited the required time to put you back "legal" again and carrying proof of the penalty paid and / or ban served should suffice when you enter again.

ylop

Visit site
I would have thought that having waited the required time to put you back "legal" again and carrying proof of the penalty paid and / or ban served should suffice when you enter again.
The U.K. is not so generous the other way round (someone who overstays can be banned from reentry for 1-10 yrs) depending on how long they overstay for etc. So I don’t see any reason to assume that Portugal would treat it that way never mind other Schengen countries.

st599

Visit site
Not sure anywhere is that generous.

US view overstays anywhere with suspicion

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Portugal fining foreigners who have overstayed in the country
These fines seem quite minor compared to what they could do to you with large fines, bans and even exclusion for life. But the punishments are normally reflective of the length of overstay and "crime" committed.
That is what I thought which is why I sought for clarification. I also hoped that this would set a trend among other Schengen countries like Greece if true.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Portugal fining foreigners who have overstayed in the country
These fines seem quite minor compared to what they could do to you with large fines, bans and even exclusion for life. But the punishments are normally reflective of the length of overstay and "crime" committed.

Fines are often alongside ban and deportation. Don't know if deportation can be on one's own boat or, whether it has to stay paying in a marina, during absence.