Poros

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
For those with boats on the water or in the yards. The ferry companies have stopped all dolphin and ferry boat services to Poros, except a reduced service on weekends.

grumpygit

Visit site
For those with boats on the water or in the yards. The ferry companies have stopped all dolphin and ferry boat services to Poros, except a reduced service on weekends.

Can you please tell where this info came from, l have searched the internet with no avail. Does it include Methena do you know?
Thank you in anticipation

grumpygit

Visit site
https://hellenicseaways.gr/en/routes/view/29

We ware in the Poros ticket office this morning. Rather sad atmosphere. One of the employees said that maybe things could change again. Is logic a Greek word ?

OK thank you but these are only the Flying Cat's and Flying Dolphins. The Saronic Ferries run the car ferries and l see no mention of changes to their timetables? So I'm not sure the initial information is correct, but I'm always ready to be enlightened.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
OK thank you but these are only the Flying Cat's and Flying Dolphins. The Saronic Ferries run the car ferries and l see no mention of changes to their timetables? So I'm not sure the initial information is correct, but I'm always ready to be enlightened.

Cannot see them going to a one horse town like Methana if they have stopped going to Poros. By Wednesday you will have found out. Cheers bob.

grumpygit

Visit site
Cannot see them going to a one horse town like Methana if they have stopped going to Poros. By Wednesday you will have found out. Cheers bob.

Sorry bob but where is the info coming from. The timetables aren't showing any change for the car ferries. I know last year there was only one mid week Poros ferry but you are saying none this year? Where or how do we confirm this apart from the jungle drums?

grumpygit

Visit site

FYI The ferry Fivos is calling in as normal to Methana at 0630 on Thursday. This is the only one that I needed to know about and the rest of the winter timetable will not effect me at all.

Twhitt

Visit site
We used the Flying Dolphin service from Pireaus to Poros this summer, as well as seeing many more on their way, so guessing this info is out of date!

OldBawley

Visit site
As for those who wonder how the ferry situation for Poros is now, well all hell is loose.

Returning from a two month cruise I had to be in Poros. Had to be because I like to avoid Poros in summer. Not for the people, they are nice as usual.

For the last week three big car ferry´s a day. That means six passages. Plus about fifteen flying dolphins and flying cats. One of the cats has 9500 kW gas turbines. Big waves. All at almost full speed.

Ad to that three day tripper boats from Athens, powering trough the sea lake at full power, a few of the local taxi boats who have big ego drivers and the countless mega yachts and their tenders, all showing how big a dick they have.

The Poros lake should be called “perpetual tsunami”.

What a hellhole.