Pointing explanation

Magic_Sailor

Visit site
Pointing is the stuff in between bricks.

Well, that's cleared that one up.

Magic

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/geoffwestgarth/myhomepage/travelwriting.html>Click for website!</A>

madman

N/A
Visit site
one side is higher than the other and the other is lower when the boat is heeling. I have acquired a bit of railway line and am rigging this as a second boom to stop this happening! Hope Railtrack do'nt miss it too much.

<hr width=100% size=1>

VicS

Visit site
You don't admit to owning a boat in your profile so on a "need to know" basis you don't need to know.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Magic_Sailor

Visit site
OK OK

Then it's somfink what them dogs do when you shoot a bird.

Magic

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/geoffwestgarth/myhomepage/travelwriting.html>Click for website!</A>

bedouin

Visit site
No, I'm afraid the question doesn't quite make sense. Pointing is about the angle at which the boat is sailing relative to the wind, particularly when the boat is sailing as close to the wind as possible. In that context sailing "higher " and "lower" relates to the angle between the boat and the wind, rather than anything to do with the water. I'm afraid that it is not clear from your question what you are actually asking - hence no serious replies.

Perhaps if you rephrase the question to put it in context you may get better answers

<hr width=100% size=1>

PortsmouthBird

Visit site
I think you have just answered it for me.

I didn't say the two were related just wanted to know what they mean't :)

Thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>