PLEASE HELP! Boat Seized in Spain by Pirates (Policemen)

absit_omen

Visit site
Re: EU \"LAW\" allows this sort of thing....

[ QUOTE ]
but from a country that kills animals for pleasure

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. At least we give those cunning foxes and bothersome stags a fighting chance before we slaughter them and then go for a drink.

A

Anonymous

[ QUOTE ]
You are 2 days early with this post April 1st is Wednesday.

sorry but not buying /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, reckon so. That's nothing like the usual MO for the Spanish authorities though leaving the drama out of the story, things like that have been happening.

C

Chrusty1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but from a country that kills animals for pleasure

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. At least we give those cunning foxes and bothersome stags a fighting chance before we slaughter them and then go for a drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you in bitch mode this am. Woger??

Yours, Cpt. Crusty Grimblybold.

absit_omen

Visit site

Nah, just hightlighting an inconsistency in her arguement.

Spain kills bulls for pleasure and is uncivilised.

Britain kills foxes and stags, very often, for pleasure but is civilised. After all, what can be uncivilised about blooding a child with the remains of an exhausted fox?

Difference is, Spanish are not hypocrites.

A

Anonymous

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Is residency based on tax year or total number of days in the last 12 months ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last 12 months /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]It's calendar year, in Spain, which is also the tax year. So you can stay 6 months July-Dec and 6 months Jan-Jun and you have not become de-facto resident though you are supposed to get a residency card after 90 days. That was a Spanish requirement banned by the EU so they introduced something virtually identical which hasn't (yet) been banned. All too confusing for mortals. Boats and residency are a completely different matter....don't want to be drawn into that in this thread but thought I'd put the 12 month thing straight.

alorwin

Visit site
No boat name, no boat make , no location and an amazing command of the English language assuming you are of Belgian nationality(Belgium consulate) mmmmmmmmmm
Shields up and heads down, lets have it. Does anyone else feels the possible vibe

Richard10002

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else feels the possible vibe

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's been felt from the start but, just on the off chance, nobody was prepared to be open about it.

No response from the OP yet???

H

highandry

Perhaps it's Ali Grabbit the Turkish marina owner trying to encourage the exodus that's started from Spain??.. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Metabarca

Visit site
Possibly it's a hoax but very possibly not, in which case it would be nice for people to keep their suspicions to themselves until things become clearer via input (or not) of fresh information. IMHO
As for his English being good, so what? I live in Italy and speak the lingo like a local; does that make me a suspicious character?
I find it rather ironic that there's loads of bitching on this forum about freeloading immigrants to the UK, but when a foreign country has legislation to stop this and happens to catch one of our own 'class', there are howls of dismay. Of course, the underlying philosophy of the EU is that if you pay taxes in one country you are entitled to benefits throughout the EU, but the fact of the matter is that northern Europe retirees have invaded SOuthern Europe, which then bears the costs. Hence France's recent stand. None of which necessarily has any bearing on the present cruising couple, unless they've been making free with the Spanish health system. But let's skip the double standards please and see if we can help.

A

Anonymous

[ QUOTE ]
... but when a foreign country has legislation to stop this and happens to catch one of our own 'class', there are howls of dismay.

[/ QUOTE ]I can't speak for others but my concern is only to find out what the law actually says and how the rules should be applied. Given a clear set of laws and rules I can plan my life around them, so as not to break them. The trouble with the Spanish on this issue is that they have not issued any kind of document or guidance stating the position. All that's needed is a pdf online or, better, guidance notes in marinas for foreign yachts to peruse. We have not yet succeeded in getting any two identical 'legal' opinions! That deserves a 'howl of dismay' -- how can you obey a law if you can't find out what it says? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BrianH

www.brianhenry.byethost18.com
Absolutely, Metabarca. I was flabbergasted to read such negative and cynical comments to what may well be a traumatic nightmare for someone. I may well be naive, but I believe the OP and this story and will continue to do so until clear evidence to the contrary.

And as for questioning the good English - that is ridiculous. Just because so many UK nationals are monoglots shouldn't make them tar everyone with the same brush. Many educated Europeans have better English than the natives.

alorwin

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Possibly it's a hoax but very possibly not, in which case it would be nice for people to keep their suspicions to themselves until things become clearer via input (or not) of fresh information. IMHO
As for his English being good, so what? I live in Italy and speak the lingo like a local; does that make me a suspicious character?
I find it rather ironic that there's loads of bitching on this forum about freeloading immigrants to the UK, but when a foreign country has legislation to stop this and happens to catch one of our own 'class', there are howls of dismay. Of course, the underlying philosophy of the EU is that if you pay taxes in one country you are entitled to benefits throughout the EU, but the fact of the matter is that northern Europe retirees have invaded SOuthern Europe, which then bears the costs. Hence France's recent stand. None of which necessarily has any bearing on the present cruising couple, unless they've been making free with the Spanish health system. But let's skip the double standards please and see if we can help.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
[/quote

I was being nice by saying does anyone feel the vibe and not stating anything blatant , not even suggesting if genuine that they may have abused the spanish health system unlike yourself. No one in this thread said anything about immigration only you (free loading immigrants). I like many others put a hell of a lot of money into the spanish economy and take nothing out for free. This is a serious issue for us and as Lemain states we have no issues abiding by the law , just tell us what the law is. I find your input to be no input whatsoever on this subject and will not take the time to respond to your next barrage of non related topic issues.

Oliveoyl

www.yotblog.com
" Many educated Europeans have better English than the natives. "

Indeed - The OPS English is excellent, but not native - some phrases are obviously translated from French. Another poster thought Trouville was back - I know that Trouville is a native Brit, but his English was quirky to say the least.

A

Anonymous

[ QUOTE ]
All details but no facts - why? I think I agree with others that it's an April 1st tale posted too early.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, I also had a post addressed to me in the lounge directing me here 'as a matter or urgency', by a poster who enjoys trying to wind me up, and a private email, via regular email, not PMs, from another poster who enjoys trying to wind me up, directing me to this thread - a poster who has never, ever, emailed me before. Pre-April 1st and a wee bit juvenile. It is one of two posters, neither of whom are in Spain or in the least bit of distress.

The OP, if he is genuine, can email me to the address below (ybw2..... not a PM, I will not communicate about this via PMs) and I will share with him what I know.