Pin Mill frenzy

DoubleEnder

Visit site
It’s a while since I was at Pin Mill but we had (a decent) meal at the Butt & Oyster this week and I was surprised to see a whole fleet of travel hoists on the hard. Is this all the work of Gus at King’s? If so, bravo. Good to see a boatyard thriving and investing and even better to see nice, simple gear being built and used. Proper jobIMG_0091.jpeg

ianc1200

Visit site
Worthwhile walking round back of sheds to see what Gus's son Tom is up to - some wonderful restorations January last year + new build wooden smacks boat back then.

Leighb

Visit site
It’s a while since I was at Pin Mill but we had (a decent) meal at the Butt & Oyster this week and I was surprised to see a whole fleet of travel hoists on the hard. Is this all the work of Gus at King’s? If so, bravo. Good to see a boatyard thriving and investing and even better to see nice, simple gear being built and used. Proper jobView attachment 178131
The orange coloured ones are definitely Gus's, the yellow one may belong to Webbs. Gus has quite a number, and with the right mixture of bilge and fin keel yachts can launch 5 or 6 on each suitable tide! His work rate is amazing when he is busy. I believe he built all the cradles in his yard.

DoubleEnder

Visit site
The orange coloured ones are definitely Gus's, the yellow one may belong to Webbs. Gus has quite a number, and with the right mixture of bilge and fin keel yachts can launch 5 or 6 on each suitable tide! His work rate is amazing when he is busy. I believe he built all the cradles in his yard.
Bloody good stuff and I wish there were more people & places like this

johnalison

Visit site
It seems that not too much has changed since we used to call in at Ward’s because we always knew that whatever it was that we needed they would have it. Memorable purchases included replacements for a lost batten, a lost anchor (in the fairway off Ramsholt), and a smock for our daughter then aged about six.