Permenant marking on tender

Inatthedeepend

Visit site
I am new to sailing and would appreciate a little help.
How do you permenantly mark an inflatable tender, in this case a Waveline dinghy with solid transom and slatted floor?
Thanks in advance for assistance offered.

graham

Visit site
Greetings Kev. I put our postcode on the tubes with indelible marker so if it washes up somewhere and some honest person hands it in maybe we will get it back.

You could carve the name or postcode in the wooden transom if you wanted to make it really permanent.

A

Alcyone

You could use PVC or hypalon paint, but it's a few pennies, or maybe ask Andy (Csail) to cut you some nice letters in Vinyl, He did ours and it's lovely.

Allan

Visit site
Although many insurance companies insist on the tender having the "mother yacht" name on them, I hate this. If you leave a tender ashore while you go shopping/eating/drinking, every scroat in the area knows you boat is on a visitors mooring and probably unattended. If I didn't have to I would always put my mobile number on the tender.
Allan

Inatthedeepend

Visit site
Thank you all for your input. I think I will go with the indelible marker, thanks Graham. Thanks for your honesty csail I know a lot of people would have tried for the sale, I will need some vinyls soon so I will pm you when I have measured them up.
Thanks again.
Kev

bluedragon

Visit site
Just a comment on what to put on the dinghy. We've used our MMSI number rather than boat name. This way if it's found whilst we're sailing, anyone with a DSC set can call us. Or of course use name + MMSI.