Peeing sitting down

Frankie-H

Visit site
I used to have the what to pee in problem, when driving trucks in towns. They were nice and high and the last coke can usually worked well. Just be very carefull of the sharp aluminium round the ring pull hole. Also don't stop in a hurry, when you have the used can perched in you lap.

Amazing what we discuss here, isn't it. Would make for a lot of fun if and when we met up at a forum meet. Imagine - Hi good to meet you, still got the old prostate problem? Still dribbling a bit are you? How was the finger up the bum? Loo's over there in the corner, only a few seconds away.

Ok enough. I'll get my coat. :D

oldharry

Visit site
Just to echo what others have said; if you find you have to 'go' often, or get little warning of being desperate: GET IT CHECKED.

1. You don't have to live with what can be a real nuisance.

2. There is no way of knowing if its just a minor problem or fatal. Yes fatal. The symptoms are just the same. Needing to pee a lot.

In my case I lived with it for several years, but getting up 6 or 7 times a night was making me too tired, and falling asleep at work is most definitely frowned on...

Now? a pill a day helps me sleep, work and play - without rushing off to the loo!

Another member of my family is about to start radiotherapy for the same symptom, milder than mine was. He was sensible and went to the Doc sooner than I did - just as well as it turned out, as they caught the cancer early enough to be reasonably sure of dealing with it.

OABS apparently affects 1 in 5 men at my age to some extent and is simply and effectively treated. OABS = Over Active Bladder Syndrome - in other words, peeing too often.

Last edited:

Laurie

Visit site
I used to have the what to pee in problem, when driving trucks in towns. They were nice and high and the last coke can usually worked well. Just be very carefull of the sharp aluminium round the ring pull hole. Also don't stop in a hurry, when you have the used can perched in you lap.

Amazing what we discuss here, isn't it. Would make for a lot of fun if and when we met up at a forum meet. Imagine - Hi good to meet you, still got the old prostate problem? Still dribbling a bit are you? How was the finger up the bum? Loo's over there in the corner, only a few seconds away.

Ok enough. I'll get my coat. :D

.....and so many, present company excepted I'm sure, then go and lob whatever receptacle into the verge:mad:

johnalison

Visit site
Just to echo what others have said; if you find you have to 'go' often, or get little warning of being desperate: GET IT CHECKED.

1. You don't have to live with what can be a real nuisance.

2. There is no way of knowing if its just a minor problem or fatal. Yes fatal. The symptoms are just the same. Needing to pee a lot.

In my case I lived with it for several years, but getting up 6 or 7 times a night was making me too tired, and falling asleep at work is most definitely frowned on....

This is worth repeating. If you have any symptom of any kind which is either continuous or goes on longer than expected, you need medical advice.

My bladder failure happened in spite of the fact that I had previously only been getting up no more than once, two or three times a week. Only relatively simple tests are needed to sort out most (men's) peeing problems and the temptation to do nothing should be resisted. Very few will turn out to be cancer, and as people have said, often a few pills can improve your life.

Heckler

Visit site
I see once again that PBO is promoting the con cept that men should pee sitting down. This can cause me problems (and I suspect also many more with prostate problems) as often when sitting down my bladder does not fully empty. This also can result in more dribbling than peeing standing up. If one fails to empty ones bladder for any period of time other complications can occur, so the concept has some problems for at least some of us older farts.
+1
Stu

Heckler

Visit site
There's too many postings here from those, ostensibly, joking about potential prostate problems and not bothering/caring to see their GP?:mad:
I hope to Murgatroyd they were all joking......?
I dont think they are joking, as a nearly 4 year survivor its not something to talk about in such a stupid way. I was lucky, they caught it still encapsulated. If ignored it goes to the bones and then it starts getting very nasty!
My PSA is still zero, the last implant of zoladex was 8 months ago so my testosterone levels are rising, percy is starting to point again and life is very good. Oh, the radio leaves scar tissue inside and sitting down to pee is not a good option for me.
Stu

rwoofer

Visit site
There are several symptoms of an enlarged prostate but one of them is dribbling. This is often made worse by peeing sitting down. If this is a problem for you (it was for me until I came across this technique some years ago) then take a look at this.

Thanks for that article - it seems to help.

Jamesuk

Visit site
I see once again that PBO is promoting the con cept that men should pee sitting down. This can cause me problems (and I suspect also many more with prostate problems) as often when sitting down my bladder does not fully empty. This also can result in more dribbling than peeing standing up. If one fails to empty ones bladder for any period of time other complications can occur, so the concept has some problems for at least some of us older farts.

SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY, i sit to avoid injury! Simple

Its not about having the nack its about doing whats safe lol

Jamesuk

Visit site
No. If I Itry to pee sitting down I have to pee some more when I stand up again. Safe or not its a fact of life.

Your on your own there , i find if i sit down and take a moment i pee some more. Remember in a big sea rolling does the work of standing. Ps you piss all over the place i wont except any other answer. I spend every working day and weekends on boats. People drip all over the place

maxi77

Visit site
Your on your own there , i find if i sit down and take a moment i pee some more. Remember in a big sea rolling does the work of standing. Ps you piss all over the place i wont except any other answer. I spend every working day and weekends on boats. People drip all over the place

No he is not on his own it is a problem for many of us. I can wait all I like but still pee some more when I stand up.

oldharry

Visit site

Wrong - its one of the commonest symptoms for a wide range of urinary problems, some (like mine) only minor and easily reduced by meds. No its not an enlarged prostate causing it either - that has been thoroughly checked out, thanks.

Thats the point of my earlier post - there is no way of knowing whether you will go on living live with it, or it will take you with it.

Its not just on boats people misfire either. Every one iof us is familiar with the public bog thats not cleaned often enough. You need to provide some alternative for your male passengers - suitable receptacles so that they cant miss.

Now theres a challenge for the local swindlery: on board urinals! But the number of people on this thread who admit to using (as i do) a receptacle on board so that I cant miss is clear evidence of the need!

EDit: why not have a supply of hospital style bed bottles, issued 1 each to your male passengers, perhaps - inexpensive too. Dunk them all in a tank of disinfectant at the end of the day, and ready for use tomorrow - much nicer and easier than having to scrub all that pee off the heads! Just a thought....

Last edited:

Stu Jackson

Oakland, California outside San Francisco
Visit site
It just occurred to me why we bought our boat: our heads is one of the earliest amidships heads in mass produced non-custom yachts. It's in the center of the boat and doesn't bounce as much as those of you who have traditional heads locations right aft of the V berth.

My handhold works great because the boat isn't bouncing in that location.