Peeing sitting down

FergusM

Visit site
I use a male bed bottle bought from the chemist. It has a handle and a liquid proof lid, so you can use it in the cabin and take it up on deck to empty without risk of spillage. It is also much safer in the cockpit than hanging on the backstay. They only cost a couple of quid. Nothing like a piece of kit that's designed for the purpose. It also saves filling up the chemical toilet.

ianj99

Visit site
Single handed sailing for me means peeing in a bucket and making sure I throw it over the lee side :eek: I have to go quite often :rolleyes:

I'm always up 3 times minimum a night for a pee, have prostrate problem symptoms and should get myself checked out but I've been like this for 6 years so....! And yeah I have knocked my pee bottle over in a tent before :(

Join the club and been like it for 15years so not going to bother getting checked out now.
Hospitals are best avoided at all costs or you've a 50% chance of coming out worse than you went in, or in some cases I've known, cold and stiff due to incorrect treatment.

jakeroyd

Visit site
Singlehanded I use one of those wide mouthed drink bottles which accommodates my equipment.
However , in extremis I use the self draining cockpit :eek:

Skylark

Visit site
I'm surprised that you have difficulty emptying the bladder when sitting. Although I have a similar but non-prostatic problem, my urologist told me to always pee sitting specifically in order to improved emptying; not that it worked.

It's 19h00 so I've just popped my daily Finasteride :(

I tend to agree with the OP. I find it easier (that's a relative term) to empty the bladder when standing.

Growing old is no fun at all with issues like this to contend with!

salinia

Visit site
These have been recommended before on the forum for No 1's of course:D

670%5C5413149996670%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

VicS

Visit site
These have been recommended before on the forum for No 1's of course:D

670%5C5413149996670%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Some ( most ??) laundry product bottles do not have a wide enough top.
Try before you buy.

Sainbury's Super Concentrate biological liquid bottles have an adequately wide top.
( I now keep one in the car :mad: )

Laurie

Visit site
There's too many postings here from those, ostensibly, joking about potential prostate problems and not bothering/caring to see their GP?:mad:
I hope to Murgatroyd they were all joking......?

www.bavariayacht.info
There's too many postings here from those, ostensibly, joking about potential prostate problems and not bothering/caring to see their GP?:mad:

I was thinking the same thing. Go to your GP and ask for a PSA blood test, no fingers up the bum required. :eek:

On the other hand if that is what you want, phone 09000 GSPOT :)

[Later] By the way, if you put your feet on a small platform, or just sit with your feet on tiptoes, it increases the flow from both orifices.

Last edited:

Seajet

Visit site
I read a while ago that the commonest cause of MOB fatalities was peeing over the side and falling out of the boat.

All my male friend sailors use a small bucket or recepticle.

When I sailed with a man-hating woman, she objected to my fitting a handle so blokes could hang on while going in moderate conditions ( if too rough, certainly go sitting ) she asked, is this handle a male thing ?! :rolleyes:

As for prostate checks, please do; I am 50 and have snags, every male member of my family have prostate cancer, for some it has really messed up their lives, or cancelled them entirely.

rwoofer

Visit site
I see once again that PBO is promoting the con cept that men should pee sitting down. This can cause me problems (and I suspect also many more with prostate problems) as often when sitting down my bladder does not fully empty. This also can result in more dribbling than peeing standing up. If one fails to empty ones bladder for any period of time other complications can occur, so the concept has some problems for at least some of us older farts.

I've had the same symptons now for 10 years. Being in my early 40s never considered it would be a prostrate problem. Does make me wonder if I should see GP.

Tried everything to see if I could fully empty bladder sitting down, but to no avail.