Peeing sitting down

maxi77

Visit site
I see once again that PBO is promoting the con cept that men should pee sitting down. This can cause me problems (and I suspect also many more with prostate problems) as often when sitting down my bladder does not fully empty. This also can result in more dribbling than peeing standing up. If one fails to empty ones bladder for any period of time other complications can occur, so the concept has some problems for at least some of us older farts.

greenalien

Visit site
Easiest compromise is to pee into a pot - a suitably-modified 2 litre plastic milk carton is ideal - catches everything at close range, hygenic, easily emptied over the side. Just don't leave a full one on the cabin sole...;)

Wansworth

Visit site
I was reliabley informed by my Spanish mate that he was told by his swiss mate that people should sit down to piss as it is more contained,apparently the germans and swiss are quite hot on pissing sitting down....

Corribee Boy

Visit site
It's all very well but, in rough conditions, if one were to slide sideways while sitting down, there's a guillotine effect from the sharp edges of the seat on any dangly bits that really needs to be considered.:eek:

srah1953

Visit site
Once boat is moving, standing up is not a great choice. Try kneeling down, you don't have to take off anymore clothes than standing up and you are guaranteed to hit the target. Simples.

Wansworth

Visit site
Whilst on the3 subject my mate sails a nicholson 32 and I find it very difficult to sit down as the mast makes the space too tight to open my legs,considering its such a classic design I was suprised that no mods had ben made.On my albin vega there is the same problem of constricted sitting room so now use a porta potty and will convert the wc into a cupboard.

wotayottie

Visit site
Using food containers? Only Fools and Horses; "That bottle of whisky in the bathroom tasted b****y funny, Dell Boy?"

Humph. Some miserable scrote at school camp played that trick on me, replacing the Strongbow in my hidden stash with his own output. Didnt taste the same - even after a few illicit genuine pints in the local pub .:(

And since I was 13 at the time I could hardly make a big issue of it.

NUTMEG

www.theblindsailor.co.uk
If a bit lumpy I stick a bucket in the WC bowl. Raises the target area a foot or so. The heads on Alex are so small that shoulders wedge in the doorway so not too much wobbling.

V1701

Visit site
In my khasi you've no choice but to sit down, you don't even have to try to wedge yourself in...:eek:

P8020004.JPG

johnalison

Visit site
I see once again that PBO is promoting the con cept that men should pee sitting down. This can cause me problems (and I suspect also many more with prostate problems) as often when sitting down my bladder does not fully empty.

Since my heads doubles as a shower compartment it is of little concern to me whether a guest or family member manages to hit the target or not. All I have to do is use the shower head to wash it away. Skippers of boats that are less easily cleaned are free to set their own rules.

I suppose there might be a potential hazard in a rough sea if the pee-er can't support himself securely, and sitting was sometimes the better option on my old Sadler when on port tack trying to get sufficient elevation to reach the bowl was difficult. I did once hear of a sailor in a Sadler 29 who was propelled across from the head into the hanging locker opposite and got his behind wedged in and couldn't get out unaided. Those who know the boat will understand what I mean.

I'm surprised that you have difficulty emptying the bladder when sitting. Although I have a similar but non-prostatic problem, my urologist told me to always pee sitting specifically in order to improved emptying; not that it worked.

Zagato

Visit site
Single handed sailing for me means peeing in a bucket and making sure I throw it over the lee side :eek: I have to go quite often :rolleyes:

I'm always up 3 times minimum a night for a pee, have prostrate problem symptoms and should get myself checked out but I've been like this for 6 years so....! And yeah I have knocked my pee bottle over in a tent before :(

Zagato

Visit site
QUOTE "As a percentage, how often do you pee on a boat? In the grand scheme of things it shouldn't have a drastic effect".

Piss city on my boat :D every couple of hours at least :D

reginaldon

Visit site
Single handed sailing for me means peeing in a bucket and making sure I throw it over the lee side :eek: I have to go quite often :rolleyes:

I'm always up 3 times minimum a night for a pee, have prostrate problem symptoms and should get myself checked out but I've been like this for 6 years so....! And yeah I have knocked my pee bottle over in a tent before :(

My problem too, but daytime frequency now getting too much. A lazer op. is planned.