Orca attack

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
I talked with banana Pingers guy in UK and he said that a number of years ago only a few instances of Orcas pinching fisherman's bait from hooks but now the Orcas do it everywhere. Hence the idea this rudder biting will spread. So two banana Pingers when you depart (not just to be deployed when you see the pod approach as some do with mixed success) and THEN Spanish firecrackers if you see them approaching. Obv best to do these passages in daylight. Banana Pingers last 72 hours before recharge. Unfortunately they cost £500. 00 per pair.
€200 each in the chandlers here in Lagos. They’re in stock but selling fast I’m told.
5188E4E9-F458-4EBE-901A-73302F0E60CF.jpeg65B228B8-7463-48A5-8567-F26512539E8A.jpeg

Kelpie

Visit site
Just normal Sopromar mark up!
They wanted €86 for a tin of Perfection. SVB price €42.
I don't mind supporting a bricks and mortar business bit that's just taking the mick.

Reactions: RAI

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Just normal Sopromar mark up!
They wanted €86 for a tin of Perfection. SVB price €42.
I don't mind supporting a bricks and mortar business bit that's just taking the mick.

We head over the border to Ayamar at Ayamonte, Usually cheaper than Sopromar and Lorie will try to price match other suppliers so bought new dinghy from her recently.

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Always. Combined with a bit of practical common sense. It might involve engaging astern propulsion and cleaning the toilets with bleach. I couldn’t possibly comment.

I have heard it said that the Lord helps those who help themselves...

I see you have made it to the Guadiana and gone into Vila Real. Did someone warn you I was in Ayamonte? ??

- W

Last edited:

john_morris_uk

I have heard it said that the Lord helps those who help themselves...

I see you have made it to the Guadiana and gone into Vila Real. Did someone warn you I was in Ayamonte? ??

- W
Sorry, I had no idea! We had a crew chat and people read the pilot book, saw nice comments about Vila Real de Sant Antonio, and voted to come in here. Also one of my ex parishioners and good friend has a holiday place here so that was another reason to come and have a nose around and see where she was always flying out to with her family. Is Ayamonte worth coming over to see? We were planning on motoring round to Mazagon later today but we could l perhaps change our plans. Long time since we met in that bar in Scotland.

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Sorry, I had no idea! We had a crew chat and people read the pilot book, saw nice comments about Vila Real de Sant Antonio, and voted to come in here. Also one of my ex parishioners and good friend has a holiday place here so that was another reason to come and have a nose around and see where she was always flying out to with her family. Is Ayamonte worth coming over to see? We were planning on motoring round to Mazagon later today but we could l perhaps change our plans. Long time since we met in that bar in Scotland.

Only messing with you, John. Ayamonte is very nice, but it is Sunday so mostly shut, and neither it nor I are worth changing your crews' plans for. If you are spending the day in VRSA you could always take the ferry across for a quick look round, it is super cheap and goes from just N of the marina.

We are getting ready for a trip up the river tomorrow, but give me a shout if you do come over.

Fair winds,

W

Stingo

Visit site
Only messing with you, John. Ayamonte is very nice, but it is Sunday so mostly shut, and neither it nor I are worth changing your crews' plans for. If you are spending the day in VRSA you could always take the ferry across for a quick look round, it is super cheap and goes from just N of the marina.

We are getting ready for a trip up the river tomorrow, but give me a shout if you do come over.

Fair winds,

W
Geez, Webby! According to MarineTraffic, the good Reverend has made a hasty departure out to sea. Begs the question: Would he rather face the orcas or chance a meet up with you?

Asking for a friend :cool:

john_morris_uk

Geez, Webby! According to MarineTraffic, the good Reverend has made a hasty departure out to sea. Begs the question: Would he rather face the orcas or chance a meet up with you?

Asking for a friend :cool:
The good Revd has a berth reserved in Gibraltar and a new Autopilot arriving so needs to get on. Just gybed to be nearer phone signal as one crew has just discovered someone tried to siphon £4k out of his Credit Card and he’s trying to phone the card fraud dept.