Orca attack

chrishscorp

Visit site
I think it sad to say that lost of life will happen sooner of later .
I just can't understand why there been no Acton ,
If a shark started attacking swimmers they soon be out there to deal with it.

Most of us can see were this is going to go and the eventual outcome, it is just going to be a matter of time

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
It will inevitably lead to owners taking increasingly violent means to try to ensure their own and vessels safety, I am out of the game now but made several Biscay crossings and now amongst other things I would take a couple of heavy fishing nets to deploy and even drop over the head of an attacking Orca. Eventually though their will be loss of life and maybe someone will even be prosecuted for harming one.

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Goodbye yacht Smousse

Fortunately during the day and in benign conditions, all 4 crew safe.

313334617_8376011505807364_5964906985215484973_n.jpg

- W

Last edited:

Wansworth

Visit site
Back in 1981 there where two whale catchers in Cangas and the whale processing station had only recently closed due to outrage at whale killing.I doubt there are any harpoon ers fit enough now but certainly I imagine feeling amongst fishermen would be for killing the orcas……..we are all now friends with orcas?

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Back in 1981 there where two whale catchers in Cangas and the whale processing station had only recently closed due to outrage at whale killing.I doubt there are any harpoon ers fit enough now but certainly I imagine feeling amongst fishermen would be for killing the orcas……..we are all now friends with orcas?

I can think of at least 4 French guys that aren't

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Most of us can see were this is going to go and the eventual outcome, it is just going to be a matter of time
Which is why it really pi@@ me off when you get people asking for data as if the colour of AF or the size,speed,shape is going to help stop this problem .

I don't know the answer,
although I'm 90% against culling then if that the way it has to go to say human life then be it.
The problem isn't going to go away and if we are to believe Orcas copy each other then the problem going to escalated out of control.

As I posted before , at the very less they could tag these pods to give people a chance to avoid them .

Wansworth

Visit site
Not going to do the yachting business any good in the rias nor will it be attractive to visitors who will pass much further out,maybe economic forces will come into play?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Not going to do the yachting business any good in the rias nor will it be attractive to visitors who will pass much further out,maybe economic forces will come into play?
Well there the tows boats , marinas, repair yards the organisation who are getting money for working on the problem all making big bucks that's without other connected to them .
You can see why there in no rush to do anything.

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Which is why it really pi@@ me off when you get people asking for data as if the colour of AF or the size,speed,shape is going to help stop this problem .

I don't know the answer,
although I'm 90% against culling then if that the way it has to go to say human life then be it.
The problem isn't going to go away and if we are to believe Orcas copy each other then the problem going to escalated out of control.

As I posted before , at the very less they could tag these pods to give people a chance to avoid them .

I am on 2 FB groups that are constantly pestered by orca-huggers saying we should leave them alone, stay out of their domain etc.

I have had one guy saying he is reporting me to the GNR for incitement to commit a crime because I have supported the use of pingers and firecrackers, and another guy saying he was going to set up a vigilante army to hunt down the orca haters.

Meanwhile sailing on fhis coast has utterly changed. No-one knows how many pods are involved now, or where the next attack is likely to be, and it is only a matter of time before someone dies.

- W

Last edited: