Orca attack

Wansworth

Visit site
An idea has formed in my mind of a coastal cruise from the Ria De Vigo to ACoruna in a boat as yet not purchased.In the years since I came down the coast many of the fishing harbours have been up graded with extended breakwaters and marinas separating the working boats from the pleasure boats which is a shame.Still a prudent navigation in daylight hours ought to be possible to investigate what remains of the Galicia I knew thirty five years ago…..now what sort of boat and what anchour?Hopefully Orcas will not venture into shallow waters?

Visit site
I keep reading that the term is ancient and came from the Spanish. I have been unable to find it in English earlier than 1986. I have just read an article In Spanish in which it is stated that the term balea asasina was a translation from the English killer whale and first appeared in dictionaries in the 1990's.

WindyWindyWindy

Visit site
I keep reading that the term is ancient and came from the Spanish. I have been unable to find it in English earlier than 1986. I have just read an article In Spanish in which it is stated that the term balea asasina was a translation from the English killer whale and first appeared in dictionaries in the 1990's.

"Harpooner" Apparently based on the diary of a whaler.

1662121497945.png
Earlier he enthuses about dolphin testicles for dinner, which must be authentic.

Visit site
"Harpooner" Apparently based on the diary of a whaler.

View attachment 142138
Earlier he enthuses about dolphin testicles for dinner, which must be authentic.
Very interesting , that is the earliest reference to killer whales but it sounds more like bottle nosed because I have never seen a reference to orcas appearing in vast numbers. The only definitions that I can find of "algerine" is a type of cloth, a warship, a native of Algeria.
I had never heard of Harpooner and I would very much like to see a copy.