Oops!

Portofino

Visit site
Yeah, I bet the skipper became unwell when he realised what he'd done 🤣
Probably a cover story for taken away for medics to conduct blood tests .Booze / Drugs etc .Establishing if the skipper is “ clean “ before wielding the blame axe .Insurance Co watching closely now .Cops checking the ink on the charge sheet pen also waiting for the results .

jfm

Visit site
Yup that's a Sanlorenzo SL86 called Nordic Lily. It's based in Antibes, literally my brother's next door neighbour boat and my next door-but-one. Left Antibes a few weeks ago. Professionally crewed. I guess repairable, guessing from the pictures.
Video here (a bit boring)

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Yup that's a Sanlorenzo SL86 called Nordic Lily. It's based in Antibes, literally my brother's next door neighbour boat and my next door-but-one. Left Antibes a few weeks ago. Professionally crewed. I guess repairable, guessing from the pictures.
Most 3 year olds know that if you dig a hole in sand at the waters edge it fills up seconds later………Did those chaps know what they were doing

NC11

Visit site
My boat is about 200m away from that spot. Does anyone know roughly how much these recovery efforts cost?

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
Okay I must be simple. Can someone explain to me why, if you are trying to pull a boat astern off the beach, you think it is a good idea to have 2 anchors on the beach to stop it going astern?

Hurricane

Visit site
Okay I must be simple. Can someone explain to me why, if you are trying to pull a boat astern off the beach, you think it is a good idea to have 2 anchors on the beach to stop it going astern?
My guess is that it keeps the most vulnerable part (the props) from grounding. Unlikely but might just save some damage.

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
If the SL86 has fin stabilizers (most of them have, actually all 86s I have seen have them) the props might be the less of a problem.

80 tons on the fins and relative surrounding structure are not healthy even if in sand.

Probably the way she was beached bow in, the Props, P-brackets, shafts, and rudders are not that bad in a shape.
They will need repair, but probably repairable.

Last edited: