On the subject of clocks and watches....

Iliade

Shoreham - up the river without a paddle.
www.airworks.co.uk
Don't you just hate it when you have to lay a course with a potential inadvertent landfall only a few hours away... Why oh why don't autopilot manufacturers let us program anti-landfall turns at turn points instead of merely sounding whispering dog whistles when it wants you to confirm the change in course!

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
Navigator v susceptible the banging halliards etc. I used to be me in dampening jim jams wandering ther deck but after near 20 years marriage I just pull duvet over head and let her sort it. Of course I still lie awake waiting for a splash in case she falls in the briney

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
My wife complained that it was dark this morning. I pointed out that it was 0445 UTC and the sun had not risen.

To quote the late, great Douglas Adams, "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

I do love Western European Time (WET) and Western European Summer Time (WEST)

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
My wife complained that it was dark this morning. I pointed out that it was 0445 UTC and the sun had not risen.

To quote the late, great Douglas Adams, "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

I do love Western European Time (WET) and Western European Summer Time (WEST)
Some habits are hard to break so my yacht always runs on Zulu time

srm

Visit site
Heading back to Shetland from Norway. Wife on helm, me in bunk. Woken by anxious shout, "There's a bright light coming behind us". I stand in main hatch looking astern, "Its the moon rising".

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
Heading back to Shetland from Norway. Wife on helm, me in bunk. Woken by anxious shout, "There's a bright light coming behind us". I stand in main hatch looking astern, "Its the moon rising".
Better she got a second opinion on a possible hazard and discovered there was no hazard, than assumed it would be ok when it was not.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Some habits are hard to break so my yacht always runs on Zulu time

I know what you ae talking about and my boat is in Zululand or African Time

African time is the perceived cultural tendency in parts of Africa and the Caribbean toward a more relaxed attitude to time. This is sometimes used in a pejorative sense, about tardiness in appointments, meetings and events.

starfire

Visit site
I know what you ae talking about and my boat is in Zululand or African Time

African time is the perceived cultural tendency in parts of Africa and the Caribbean toward a more relaxed attitude to time. This is sometimes used in a pejorative sense, about tardiness in appointments, meetings and events.
Bit like a mate from Cornwall, while in Spain, having explained to him the Spanish concept of Mañana, he said, in Cornwall we don't have anything that urgent.