Oh for goodness sake ... just make your mind up about the Med

jfm

Visit site
And, in addition, what's more, I see you and H (well, H actually) just got a brand new £140 vhf for free. New berth, new boat, new electronics - it must be like Christmas round at your place! Jammy sod! :D :D

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
And, in addition, what's more, I see you and H (well, H actually) just got a brand new £140 vhf for free. New berth, new boat, new electronics - it must be like Christmas round at your place! Jammy sod! :D :D

Nothing to do with me - all her own work. Nice pic though, I think she took it in April or May.

Cheers
Jimmy

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Yes - I too spotted the fine vessel in the mag. Do not forget the new replacement video thingy too.

Yep, and in fact I have followed MapisM's advice and ordered a new dive housing, which I hope to try out at the end of next week. I shall report back, assuming I don't drown another camera! :eek:

Cheers
Jimmy

Ray Fisher

www.rayfisher.co.uk
know where you are coming from!

We have a Broom 450 - came down through the Canals this June and have been trying to get a berth since then! Had a lovely few summer weeks but still based in Port Napoleon and have not got further east than Bandol. Very interested to read your latest post. Something like being in the right place at the right time! We will keep trying lets hope we get lucky.....!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Had a lovely few summer weeks but still based in Port Napoleon
Are the mosquitoes still as big as birds?:D
Nice boat btw. We've always liked the Broom 450 and if we were still boating in the UK, it would be top of our wish list

jfm

Visit site
We have a Broom 450 - came down through the Canals this June and have been trying to get a berth since then! Had a lovely few summer weeks but still based in Port Napoleon and have not got further east than Bandol. Very interested to read your latest post. Something like being in the right place at the right time! We will keep trying lets hope we get lucky.....!

Ray, I was in pt Napoleon last week - I brought that blue hulled Targa 50 that was parked near the end of one of the middle pontoons and is being loaded on a truck today I believe. If I were you I'd try everything to get a berth further east. It's so much nicer than Napoleon. Perhaps hire a car and go to talk to all the capitainneries in person. I have a berth in Antibes that i don't need till next May and you could have had that if I'd known, but it has just been rented to someone else and they move in 1 November. I think you'll get a berth next summer ok; the lack of space in Antibes +/- 20 miles is more apparent over the winter (which is why it is a shame you have missed my Antibes berth). There is definitely space right now in Italy - port Loano for example has plenty of space (mid way between San Remo and Genoa) and is on an easy train to Cannes/Nice/Monaco/Antibes for entertainment at weekends when you can't get out on boat. And no mozzies :) Good luck

BartW

www.amptec.be

I'm quite shure there is space in Toulon, (I'll asc tomorrow if you like)
from there you can go to many interesting destinations depending on weather forcast:

- West: Cassis , Sanary sur mèr,...
- East: St Tropez, St Maxime, Port Grimaud, ...
- or you can stay around les Porquerolles

airport Hyères nearby
airport Marseille, bus and train, 2 hours.

for me Port Napoleon was terrible

jrudge

Visit site
I spent time down there this year on a fruitless berth search, they are in plentiful supply in Mallorca ( and cheaper) if you are looking further afield.

When I visited I drove from Toulon all the way to Nice visiting every marina.

The one thing that did come out is that approx half of them seemed to run a lottery where you could register on 1 Jan 2013 for a summer season berth. Other than that every marina has an alleged 20 year waiting list ( which is why JTB bought his berth!).

If you register with enough of them then statistically you should get at least one!

I cant remember the marinas offering this, but as I said above it was approx half of the ones that I talked to.

I dont know the length of your boat, but another seemingly popular option is to get the boat put in / out as needed. There are plenty of storage yards along the coast, but I did not fully investigate this option.

Ray Fisher

www.rayfisher.co.uk
I'm quite shure there is space in Toulon, (I'll asc tomorrow if you like)
from there you can go to many interesting destinations depending on weather forcast:

- West: Cassis , Sanary sur mèr,...
- East: St Tropez, St Maxime, Port Grimaud, ...
- or you can stay around les Porquerolles

airport Hyères nearby
airport Marseille, bus and train, 2 hours.

for me Port Napoleon was terrible

What is Toulon Like - it looks like its in the middle of the city? Even so please ask what the chance is of a berth. I am 13.7m x 4.57m with draught of 1.3m

Thanks in advance