Notices to Mariners - Weeks 37 and 38 - Part 1

tillergirl

Visit site
Never go one holiday! Part 1 is the UKHO Notices. I still have to do the local notices of which there are 17!

Permanent/Preliminary/Temporary Notices:
1. New Editions of ADMIRALTY Small Craft Charts to be published on 3td October, 2024 -
SCC 5614.3 Approaches to Lowestoft. 1:25,000: SCC 5614.4 A Approaches to Great Yarmouth. 1:25,000, B Great Yarmouth, Outer Harbour. 1:7,500: SCC 5614.5 A Northern Approaches to Great Yarmouth. 1:25,000, B Great Yarmouth Haven. 1:7,500 - Includes full updates for New Edition and Notices to Mariners affecting source charts.
2. BELGIUM - Legends. Wrecks. - One change of depth over an existing wreck east of the Westhinder and notification of three wrecks now designated as ‘Historic’. All unlikely to hinder leisure craft.
3. ENGLAND - East Coast - Note. - This notice provides a note to chart of the River Stour to the effect that the Harwich Haven Authority issues relevant local notices.
4. ENGLAND - East Coast - Outfall. Buoyage. - Earlier this year we had a temporary notice advising us of Outfall works in Tankerton Bay just east of the NCI post. The temporary notice is now cancelled (including two yellow buoys) replaced with a red cone shaped buoy (!) (unlit) which moves a previous such buoy further out north with associated longer outfalls.
5. ENGLAND - South East Coast - Depths. - Three new reductions of depth on the east side of the Gull Stream. In week 36 we had a preliminary notice of reduced depths in the area; all reductions are included in the one image.
6. ENGLAND - East Coast - Drying heights. Depths. - Two new drying heights in the Eastern part of the Wash, off St Edmund’s Point, Hunstanton abd at the Outer Ferrier Sand off Heacham.
7. ENGLAND - East Coast - Depths. - 4 reductions of depth on the Caister Shoal off Hemsby.
8. ENGLAND - East Coast - Drying heights. Depths. - Two drying heights and one reduced depth at the SW Sunk swatchway. This notice is acting on our survey earlier this year and the drying heights show that the swatch has continued to move to the NE year on year. UKHO plan to issue a new edition of Chart 1975 either this year or earlier next. In the meantime I suggest you adopt our chartlet which already available at Downloads
9. ENGLAND - East Coast - Legend. - This notice provides a warning of ‘Less water reported 2024’ at the Knoll. This was caused by us when we were down there on a rough day – hence no precise depths but our view was that south of the NW Knoll PHB had almost no water at chart datum. On Saturday we conducted a very full survey in ideal conditions but regretfully (and frustratingly) we (I) suffered a major computer crash just after the survey where we lost the majority of the data. We are endeavouring to reinstate the data but it is unlikely. However, it was clear to us that a large area of sand is barely awash so stay clear. The Knoll swatchway does still exist.
10. ENGLAND - South Coast - Restricted areas. Legend. Note. - This notice shows the restricted area of the Wick Channel and Basins in Dover harbour which is being reclaimed. The best image is the Dover Harbour image.

Download the full notices and images at: Notices to Mariners

I shall have a posh coffee and then I shall do the Locals.