Not OK

flaming

Visit site
62DAAE2A-10E6-45FC-98FC-8FC614646F9C.jpeg

Powerboat pictured decided to pass between us and the smaller boat, at speed and kicking up quite a wake. Very close on both sides as you can see from his wake. The wake that was still breaking as it hit both boats.

Not ok. If it’s you, please don’t do this again. Thanks.

oldgit

Visit site
Worst thing seen for sometime
cannot quite make out the name !
Anybody doing something that stupid needs a quiet word in his ear.

simonfraser

Visit site
Def not ok

last Saturday had a bunch of 5 jetskis use my anchored mob as a v tight turning point :(
irresponsible idiots everywhere

Elessar

Visit site
View attachment 157697

Powerboat pictured decided to pass between us and the smaller boat, at speed and kicking up quite a wake. Very close on both sides as you can see from his wake. The wake that was still breaking as it hit both boats.

Not ok. If it’s you, please don’t do this again. Thanks.
Idiot. Most of us here would agree it’s not OK.

EugeneR

Visit site
For a balanced view, and knowing the spot well, I think more information is needed to judge.

What was the tide doing? How many sail boats were there? How were they spaced? What speeds were they doing?

If the sail boats were clogging the channel, perhaps doing 0.5 knot against a 6 knot tide, what should the mobo do? Spend 20 minutes extra burning diesel at 0.6 knots behind them?

The wake does not appear that much. Was he exceeding the limit? Not that the limit allows you not to be considerate, but there are speeds where mobos create a lot more wash than what is shown - so perhaps this is the best he could do to be considerate, under circumstances? Against a 6 knot tide, just going forward at 1 knot will cause some wake.

I believe in being considerate but, equally, I expect sailors to appreciate those that do, and not name and shame others without all facts being known and shared.

stelican

Visit site
For a balanced view, and knowing the spot well, I think more information is needed to judge.

What was the tide doing? How many sail boats were there? How were they spaced? What speeds were they doing?

If the sail boats were clogging the channel, perhaps doing 0.5 knot against a 6 knot tide, what should the mobo do? Spend 20 minutes extra burning diesel at 0.6 knots behind them?

The wake does not appear that much. Was he exceeding the limit? Not that the limit allows you not to be considerate, but there are speeds where mobos create a lot more wash than what is shown - so perhaps this is the best he could do to be considerate, under circumstances? Against a 6 knot tide, just going forward at 1 knot will cause some wake.

I believe in being considerate but, equally, I expect sailors to appreciate those that do, and not name and shame others without all facts being known and shared.
You have a serious problem if you think that is acceptable

EugeneR

Visit site
You have a serious problem if you think that is acceptable

All I am saying, is that I don't have the facts and knowing that spot, I feel I need more than what is in the picture to judge.

The biggest danger we face in today's world is believing perceptions created in the media, especially when the intention is to name and shame.

Spot seems to be at the entrance to the Hamble.

Elessar

Visit site
All I am saying, is that I don't have the facts and knowing that spot, I feel I need more than what is in the picture to judge.

The biggest danger we face in today's world is believing perceptions created in the media, especially when the intention is to name and shame.

Spot seems to be at the entrance to the Hamble.
The report was from a guy who was there not from the media. Your post is contrary for the sake of it.

Seastoke

Visit site
If it is a marked Chanel and what speed limit , why are the two motor boats on the out side taking up so much room , or am I missing the sails up

Reactions: Obi