Northernreef Insurance

Bosunlocker

Visit site
This is the test my wife has her claim avoided $160.000.It a long story but if go to our latest forum you will see.
Good luck if you ever have a claim.

Bosunlocker

Visit site
A string from a person who has Facts.

Hi,

I have spent the past couple of days trying to trace Northernreef and make my own decision about the company. Here are the facts I have found:

1) The FSA is the authority which deals with insurance in the UK, including marine insurance. For a UK registered company they MUST be authorised by the FSA, else they are illegally trading.

2) On the 14th of Jan new rules came in stating that firms must be authorised with the FSA. For firms which were not prior to that they offered the chance to gain an interim authorisation until a decision about them was made. Kendall Becker Ltd are on this list currently, meaning that they are perfectly legal to trade in the UK until the FSA make a decision either way.

3) Northernreef are not registered with the FSA, they do not need to be as they are not registered in the UK.

4) After speaking to Malcom Skinner the mailbox in Gibraltar on the bottom of the Northernreef policies is no longer active. The FSC in Gibraltar have never heard of Northernreef.

5) Northernreef are registered in Uruguay in Montevideo and have a registration number of 21-467004-0013, I have yet to confirm this but I have contacted the appropriate people to find out how to do so and I am awaiting a reply.

6) Edward William Marine Services is a tied agent of Northern Marine meaning that they sell only policies for Northernreef. DRL Marine Services Ltd are the UK Claims agent for Edward William Marine services. The FSA could not find any record of DRL marine on their database, or of the address given on http://www.drlmarine.com This would indicate that DRL marine, a tied agent with Northernreef, are trading illegally. They may of course be trading under a different name or registered somehow else, I am not able to confirm or deny that.

7) The domain name Northernreef.net is owned by Malcom Skinner who lives in Spain and in the claims agent for Northernreef.

8) The only trace of Northernreef on the internet is http://www.northernreef.net which includes a small amount of material and is hosted on a free service with ads at easyspace.com. Note the only address found is a .net not a .com which is most often found with businesses.

9) 2 independent respected sources have told me in no uncertain terms to steer clear of Northernreef, even as far as laughing as soon as I mentioned the name.

10) Northernreef has given a witness statement to the police in the UK that is investigating the fraud with seawise. Currently Frank Sherman from seawise is in prison for a previous offence, there is still an ongoing investigation and he has not been charged.

11) Kendall Becker have been in my experience a very helpful company. I cancelled my policy with them today and they were fine with that and are refunding my premium accordingly.

12) The Northern Reef mentioned here; http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/inactivefinancial/2001/fil0147b.html is not the Northernreef we are dealing with.

13) I have been given stories of clients not receiving their money from claims through Northernreef, even after Northernreef admitted they would pay out. This came from respectable sources.

Finally, lots of comments have been going backwards and forwards regarding insurance for the mini's. To be frank it is close to childish bickering. What I have posted above is what I have found out and are facts only, if I have an aspect of my post incorrect then please anyone feel free to contact me in private so that it can be corrected. My contact details are on my personal website at http://www.jamestingle.com

I have cancelled my policy because I do not wish to have a policy with an underwriter in Uruguay. I do not know if they are a scam or not. Anyone who is considering purchasing a policy from Northernreef through whichever broker please read my post and make your own mind up based upon the facts.

James Tingle,
Deception 193

jgnealon

Visit site
I followed up with a quote with Edward William Ins and they still use Northernreef in 2008. Dispite all the concern is there any new news about them and claim service ? I would think it hard to keep a scam up this long. They still don't require a survey and no location restrictions in the Caribbean. Too Good to be true ???

Jim

misty56

Visit site
Well the post above yours is complete hearsay and innuendo. Having read the thread I see confirmation that Northernreef has paid out on claim and against that unverified noise about where they're registered and even references to people who, as far as I can see, have nothing to do with them. Since when was giving a witness statement a bad thing? And what is that bull about .net web addresses being less legitimate than .com ones? Jeez.

Maybe if I saw some chapter and verse, actual incidences with names dates and particulars of where, when and for what stated reason they have refused a legitimate claim I might give this more credence but on the evidence of this thread it's complete BS so far. Insurance companies are not noted for falling over themselves to pay out on claims, whether they're registered in Uruguay or anywhere else.

This is from the Edward WIlliam site-- "Edward William Marine Services SL is a Spanish Registered Insurance Agent and as such is not authorised or Regulated by the UK Financial Services Association" Well that's pretty honestly put if you ask me and wipes out point 6 of the above poster's list.

I have nothing to do with any of these guys and they are not my insurers, but there's far too much of this innuendo and smearing on the web. The people involved should quote real facts, actual cases with names and dates, where they've not paid out, or drop it. Put up or shut up, I believe they say,

Bosunlocker

Visit site
Re: Northernreef Insurance/None payer of claims

They most certantly do not use Lloyds of London get your facts right.Read about this comapny type in the directors name in Google and see for your self

misty56

Visit site
Where did I say they used Lloyd's? Quote facts, names, events, dates and specific circumstances or, as said above, drop it.

I have nothing to do with Northernreef, but you sir, are looking increasingly like a typical internet hearsay merchant.

Facts, names, dates, specific incidents are needed, not innuendo and hearsay. FACTS. You know, things that ACTUALLY happened to real people with verifiable names on actual days that can be checked. Before you start telling other people to "get their facts right," try learning what a fact actually is.

So stow the innuendo and break out some verifiable evidence or else-- well, we'll know you for what you are, won't we?

BTW that little trick you used of adding more of your BS into the reply header line......not very clever. And "non" doesn't have an "e". Just so you know.

misty56

Visit site
By the way, "Bosunslocker", you would not be one and the same as the "Bestbets" who is peddling the same line on the SSCA Discussion Board, would you? Let's just say the similarity of style is very suspicious. I note that on the SSCA list you (for I am quite sure you are one and the same) have also repeatedly been asked to come up with facts, and have repeatedly refused to do so.

It seems to me that there is ONE PERSON making a lot of noise about this insurance company in any forum that will give him space to do so, and that person, sir, is you. Give us documented facts about cases OTHER THAN THE ONE YOU ARE INVOLVED WITH YOURSELF which show that Northernreef are at it and I for one will listen. I am not prejudging the circumstances you and your wife/partner find yourselves in, but your trail of complaint under different pseudonyms renders you an unreliable source.

Produce the corroboration that you have repeatedly claimed to possess, otherwise, see above.

Bosunlocker

Visit site
I am sorry I thought you were talking about Northerenreef in conjunction with Llloyds heven forbid.
You seam to be a smart talker with no substance have you ever lost a yacht.Have you ever been let down by a dodgy insurance company or are you connected to this basment Insurance company.

misty56

Visit site
I most certainly do not have anything to do with Northernreef, as you would know if you had actually read my posts.

The only person around here displaying a lack of substance is you. The person who clearly wants to be "herd" is also you, as you have shown by spreading your unsubstantiated claims all over the net. If you think you have a legitimate claim against the company you are sniping at from behind the cover of anonymity, sue them and let a court decide.

You've been rumbled, mate, both here and elsewhere, so come up with facts or can the baloney.

Bosunlocker

Visit site
The facts have been published and there will be a court case
there is no baloney from me but you seem to want to be herd.
makes us wonder.Why dont you read the story that has been posted the captains report,other posts about this company.
YOU SEEM TO BE TROUBLE MAKER that enjoys other peoples misfortune.

misty56

Visit site
Yes, well I assure you I have read enough to form an opinion here, and since I've made my points and you have not addressed them, that's Misty out.

Bosunlocker

Visit site
It is intresting that you are the only one who defends these
none payer of bonified claims.Have you lost a yacht,made a claim,you seem to speak like a pro.And a person that lets dodgy insurers get away with scams.
We are the victims of this shoddy insurer and we will have our day in court.
If I can stop one person from insureing with Northernreef I think I have done them a good turn.I wonder where your loyality lies with the yachting ferturnity or you self.

Bosunlocker

Visit site
Yes we are Bestbets and do not hide it like you do with information with your your misty56.Get a life and switch on to the real world.

Bosunlocker

Visit site
It sounds to me that you support rip of merchants located in Spain in the insurance business.You must be blind Fredee if you cant read into all the forums about Northernreef these have been going on for years.Give us a break and support your fellow yachties to get rid of these parasites.

Bosunlocker

Visit site
If you want basement boat insurance from a insurance company based in Spain have a close look at this outfit first.
They are building a claims department underground so no claims will ever see daylight.And beleave me if you make a claim with this outfit you have a better chance of winning the Lotto.Stay Stay Away"".
How do we know My wife has been cheated by them.if anyone requires information please email me on www.bosunslocker.co.nz.

I challange this Northernreef to sue me then the truth will come out but they wont"I am waiting waiting waiting.