Non working visa EU

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
We should run a poll
People I know have got away with it
People I know got done
Everyone gets away with it ... until they don't.

No different to any other crime .... people have a choice, take the risk or not, weigh up the punishment and the crime and decide. I have no idea what the odds are, and I don't think a poll of a sailing forum will predict them accurately either to be honest.

Fact is, there is a finite risk of ending up with a deportation and a Schengen ban in the worst case scenario ... it is up to individuals to weigh up that risk and decide if it is worth it or not.

Based on a sample of one, and the only time I have presented my shiny new UK passport to an EU border guard post B-Day, he noticed immediately I had no entry stamp - so my take on this is keep your paperwork in order.

This was in Munich airport on a flight to Glasgow and the point at which I learned that for a smooth ride through passport checks, use my German passport when getting checked by EU border officials, and my UK passport when getting checked by UK border officials. Then no one bothers looking at stamps.

greeny

Visit site
Anyone interested in Portugal and residency should check out the recent changes to the E6 residence. Originally meant for education and extraordinary circumstances and it needs to be applied for each year. It now encompasses people with own proven income and or pensions that want to stay more than 90 days up to a year and you can re apply in successive years. Two of my friends have recently got it and were told that they can stay all year if they like or come and go as they please. They asked about having to pay PT tax after 181 days in the country and were told it didn't apply to them on an E residence if they continued to be taxed in UK. May be interesting to some.

Bouba

Visit site
Anyone interested in Portugal and residency should check out the recent changes to the E6 residence. Originally meant for education and extraordinary circumstances and it needs to be applied for each year. It now encompasses people with own proven income and or pensions that want to stay more than 90 days up to a year and you can re apply in successive years. Two of my friends have recently got it and were told that they can stay all year if they like or come and go as they please. They asked about having to pay PT tax after 181 days in the country and were told it didn't apply to them on an E residence if they continued to be taxed in UK. May be interesting to some.
Interesting

greeny

Visit site
Interesting
Yes, I thought so. Almost sounds too good too be true but they got it and are convinced on the tax position. Also no need to change driving licenses they were told. They applied and did the interview in Manchester before receiving their paperwork approving it. Another example of the southern EU countries wanting us here despite big brother in Brussels and the aftermath of Brexit. Another added advantage is the the whole process was done in Manchester. No SEF appointments and none of the delays we have all suffered.

Bouba

Visit site
Yes, I thought so. Almost sounds too good too be true but they got it and are convinced on the tax position. Also no need to change driving licenses they were told. They applied and did the interview in Manchester before receiving their paperwork approving it. Another example of the southern EU countries wanting us here despite big brother in Brussels and the aftermath of Brexit. Another added advantage is the the whole process was done in Manchester. No SEF appointments and none of the delays we have all suffered.
Well, I was cheering Fiji on....but I might just swap allegiance to Portugal...(it’s 3:3 at the moment)