New VO60 race

Viking

Visit site
I see from the lead cover story that theres to be a new VO60 race in the Baltic. A pity it could not have been a wider race which would include a leg or two crossing the North Sea with a leg up the British east coast. Would have giving the 60's a chance to stretch their legs.

Jacket

I\'m in Cambridge, boat\'s at Titchmarsh marina, W
Visit site
I guess its just a question of where there are active VO60's based at the present time. There were several taking a prominent part in local racing in the Baltic last summer, with their sponsors setting up stands ashore.

I was very interesting watching one race, where the finish line was in the harbour entarance. It was a downwind finish, so they had a spinnacker up. After finishing, they had not much more than 100m to get the spinnacker down and spin round head to wind, before they piled up onto the marina pontoons. The look on the faces of the elderly couple who decided to leave the harbour in an 18 footer just as the VO60 was entering was well worth seeing!

Viking

Visit site
Re: Not another race.

In stead of be off out of sight, far out in the ocean somewhere I think the race is supposed to be closer to shore and more spectator friendly!