New tax for foreign yachts based in Greece from 1st January 2014????

akyaka

Visit site
They wanted my father's given name too which I found curious.

Common requirement in this part of the Med when dealing with governments. For example my Turkish Residency Permit has both my father and mothers first name written in under the heading "Information on Identity"

1bobt

N/A
Visit site
And by the way 1bobt, if you actually are serious about investing in Greece then now is the time. The trick with investments is to buy at the bottom (or as near as possible) and sell at the top.[/QUOTE]

Still a long long way to go yet, before this crisis bottoms out and with the level of incompetence and corruption in the governing class .I think I will hold on to my money.

miyagimoon

www.facebook.com
Can we please, please stop all this political rubbish and get back to the real meat of this thread. The proposed tax / fee.
If you would like to start a new thread on the politics of Greece, who owes who for things that happened before / during and after the second world war then please do so. But leave it out of this thread.

charles_reed

Visit site
My view, exactly. Well put but the CA's approach reminds me of the description once made of a certain Chancellor under Margaret Thatcher, remember "Being savaged by a dead sheep"? Added to that, the local bloke on the ground takes the view "My beloved Greece, right or wrong" so we're stuffed depending upon HIM* to "Fight" our cause.

*Could have hit the wrong key for one letter in that word but I'm not altering it.

I'm amazed how you can get nearly everything wrong, without really trying - the remark was made by Dennis Healey about Sir Alec Douglas Home - wrong party, wrong decade, wrong people.

Now back to your oft-expressed views - are they any more accurate?

1bobt

N/A
Visit site
Can we please, please stop all this political rubbish and get back to the real meat of this thread. The proposed tax / fee.
If you would like to start a new thread on the politics of Greece, who owes who for things that happened before / during and after the second world war then please do so. But leave it out of this thread.

There is no real meat, only conjecture .The problem is that this "TAX" or whatever you wish to call it is supposed to come into force on the 1st of January 2014 . The incompetent government has not formally announced how it is to be paid or to who it is directed at, hence the speculation.

And as this is an open forum ,why do you think you have any right to tell others what to post?

Last edited:

1bobt

N/A
Visit site
I'm amazed how you can get nearly everything wrong, without really trying - the remark was made by Dennis Healey about Sir Alec Douglas Home - wrong party, wrong decade, wrong people.

Now back to your oft-expressed views - are they any more accurate?

I though it was G Howe? Labour Chancellor Denis Healey in 1978 claimed an attack from Howe was "like being savaged by a dead sheep".

I think Charles you will have to apologise to our dear Steve ;):)

Last edited:

Melody

www.aegeansailingschool.com
To any Greek people on here ....

I hope you realise that the xenophobic and insulting comments from some people on here don't reflect the views of most British people. Most Brits who visit, and live in, Greece are there because we respect your millennia of culture and feel affiliation with the Greek people and their way of life. While our economic problems are not as catastrophic as those of Greece, at this time, most of us remember that it is not too many years since Britain asked the IMF for multi billion pound bailout. Many people in Britain are struggling with our own austerity measures (while the megacorps pay no tax and the rich get richer). so we have sympathy for the plight of the average Greek person.

We have our own share of nepotistic corrupt politicians. Maybe it is just that ours have just learned that you can milk a cow everyday whereas your lot decided to skin the cow and eat it in one day, with no thought of tomorrow.

You must be offended and angered by the sweeping generalisations about the Greek people and downright nasty xenophobia of some of the posts. I hope that you realise that most people in Britain do have manners and we find the sneering rudeness of an ungrateful guest as offensive as you do.

It is a depressing feature of forums that they attract a minority of small people who mouth off, online, in an aggressive and insulting tone that they never would use, standing at a bar, since they know they would get a punch in the face.

Well said, Ravi!

I suspect the people who moan most about how things are in Greece probably also moan about how things are in whichever country they come from as well. In my experience, moaning and complaining has more to do with a person's character than anything external.

I live on an island with a population of about 15,000. There are now over 100 families or elderly people here reliant on free food and clothing to survive. Young people cannot find work, those who have paid for years into state medical insurance are not able to get treatment, those who have paid for years into pensions may not get any pension.

Those people have real problems. To me, grumbling about having to pay a few hundred euros more to keep your yacht in Greece is not a real problem. If you don't want to do it, just leave. No-one is forcing you to stay. Please go and take your moaning and criticism with you.

rotrax

Visit site
Well said, Ravi!

I suspect the people who moan most about how things are in Greece probably also moan about how things are in whichever country they come from as well. In my experience, moaning and complaining has more to do with a person's character than anything external.

I live on an island with a population of about 15,000. There are now over 100 families or elderly people here reliant on free food and clothing to survive. Young people cannot find work, those who have paid for years into state medical insurance are not able to get treatment, those who have paid for years into pensions may not get any pension.

Those people have real problems. To me, grumbling about having to pay a few hundred euros more to keep your yacht in Greece is not a real problem. If you don't want to do it, just leave. No-one is forcing you to stay. Please go and take your moaning and criticism with you.

Well said also!

rivonia

Visit site

Well said that man. I am no longer a yacht owner, however I still have many close friends in the yachting community and so I am following this thread.

It is/should all be about the coming into force of the TAX on yachts. Somehow or other it has become a thread now based on political and and past UK garbage.

Peter

1bobt

N/A
Visit site
Well said that man. I am no longer a yacht owner, however I still have many close friends in the yachting community and so I am following this thread.

It is/should all be about the coming into force of the TAX on yachts. Somehow or other it has become a thread now based on political and and past UK garbage.

Peter

And another one|

Let go back to the start of the thread. Has anyone posted one fact? Is there going to be a tax on the Ist Jan, if so how much ,to be paid by whom, to who and how.
No mostly conjecturer which has maintained the thread at the top of the page ....
And this thread means a lot to me ,as I have been looking to buying into a shipyard in Greece.

And Peter look at the title tat you posted, which we had to trawl through,when trying to sell your Cat....

Last edited:

rivonia

Visit site
And another one|

Let go back to the start of the thread. Has anyone posted one fact? Is there going to be a tax on the Ist Jan, if so how much ,to be paid by whom, to who and how.
No mostly conjecturer which has maintained the thread at the top of the page ....
And this thread means a lot to me ,as I have been looking to buying into a shipyard in Greece.

And Peter look at the rubbish you posted which we had to trawl through,when trying to sell your Cat....
Last edited by 1bobt; Today at 10:31

And Peter look at the rubbish you posted which we had to trawl through,when trying to sell your Cat....
Ha Ha Rubbish?