New Customs Protocol for Normandy

Bandit

Visit site
New Customs Procedure in Carteret.
I applied in the normal way by email with the Entry and Exit forms to the two Customs emails listed on the form for Cherbourg customs office with a copy to the Carteret Marina Office.
These were sent back to me stamped by customs in advance of my trip this weekend.
You no longer need to atted a meeting with customs at the ferry terminal.
I asked at the marina office if they had full details of how the system works they did not have full details.
I was told this was the system going forward?

Details and forms available on Marinas – digimap.gg

Full details are not available but it seems to be rolling out, it may be different for Cherbourg etc for the major ports.

Bandit

Visit site

Bandit

Well-known member​

Joined30 Jun 2004Messages3,553LocationGuernseyVisit site
New Customs Procedure in Carteret.
I applied in the normal way by email with the Entry and Exit forms to the two Customs emails listed on the form for Cherbourg customs office with a copy to the Carteret Marina Office.
These were sent back to me stamped by customs in advance of my trip this weekend.
You no longer need to atted a meeting with customs at the ferry terminal.
I asked at the marina office if they had full details of how the system works they did not have full details.
I was told this was the system going forward?

Details and forms available on Marinas – digimap.gg

Full details are not available but it seems to be rolling out, it may be different for Cherbourg etc for the major ports.

lustyd

Visit site
You would still need a stamp in your passport until the electronic stuff arrives, so this doesn't seem correct.

Customs is different from border control. One lets you in, the other takes tax and duty for the things you brought with you.

Bandit

Visit site
The two agencies you notify In Cherbourg I assume one is Customs and one is immigration, Previously we were met at the Carteret ferry terminal by I assume Immigration.
They used to stamp your passport and scan it I assume that was Immigration, a rectangular stamp with a picture of a ship on it and an arrow indicating in or out the same as in the Canaries.
The current stamps on the form they send back to you is Douanes and a different stamp circular with Douanes Francaise Cherbourg on it with a crest and a signature.

lustyd

Visit site
Ah, I apologise, the link you provided does explain all this quite nicely and definitely worth a read for anyone crossing this year. I assume it will all have to change once the electronic stuff comes online.

Odd that Cherbourg is acting as a non-ppf, I thought they were one of the bigger ones with proper border controls.