New build Sanlorenzo SL96A 2024

John100156

Visit site
Stunning boat - I know I should be looking at the mechanical and electrical systems but the photos in #723 do it for me....!

I hope the seakeeping is as good as she looks - what great fun JFM will have getting to really know her for the next year or two...!

Alistairr

Visit site
Huge Congratulation on the Launch, she looks absolutely stunning.

Little question, I see 2 cameras mounted to the underneath of the cockpit canopy, they seem quite far forward, are these to assist you when docking, if so would they not be better further aft, as they look as though they might be obscured a bit, or are they just for monitoring passengers on board!?IMG_0757.jpeg

Kirsty and Callum are great thanks, Callum is 18 now and keeping well, and now working full time in the Marine industry at a local marina. We currently have a 38’ Yacht and a small Rib, we can’t keep him off the boats!! (Which is a great complaint!)
I hope you’re all keeping well?

Cheers.
Alistairr.

PS I think the Helm looks amazing and will work well.😀

MapisM

Visit site
Little question, I see 2 cameras mounted to the underneath of the cockpit canopy, they seem quite far forward, are these to assist you when docking, if so would they not be better further aft, as they look as though they might be obscured a bit, or are they just for monitoring passengers on board!?
Maybe meant to watch also what the crew is up to with stern lines?
Just a thought.

Reactions: vas

vas

Visit site
That’s pretty amazing....but I’m going to ask a really personal question now....do people really use bidets ?
I vaguely remember a literally "hairy" discussion a few years back on the use of bidets on sea :rolleyes: (not going to search for it but if you put Vilebrequin and Porto you'll probably get there reasonably quickly 😁 )
let's say that some ppl use them and I guess it's part of the inventory not worth removing in such a large bathroom...

Last edited:

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
I was in South Korea a couple of times last year and they seem to be into combined (warm) toilet and bidet with a remote control. I can only imagine the mischief if the remote gets into the wrong hands. :oops:
Sorry extreme thread drift.

Last edited:

Bouba

Visit site
When we renovated our house we ripped out the bidet (which oddly enough was in a different room to the toilet🤔😳)...thinking about it now, I would rather have a urinal en-suite to my bedroom.... I wonder how many of those here with enlarged prostates would agree....
I now feel really bad for thread drifting (onto a distasteful subject) on a thread that is sure to be important historically for this site....apologies

henryf

www.911virgin.com
What is handy is something you see in Thailand a lot, a small hand shower wand not unlike a swim platform shower plumbed into the side of the toilet. Can be used for rinsing off delicate areas and avoiding toilet paper (a quick pat down afterwards) or cleaning the toilet bowl it’s self - saves the dreaded bog brush / toilet paper combo.

Sorry to lower the tone.

jfm

Visit site
I’ve got a couple of mundane questions for jfm or anyone else who knows….
There must be so many systems on board, presumably this isn’t like a smaller boat where you step aboard, turn the battery isolaters and fire it up.

Is the boat constantly powered up as such and, if not, how long before stepping aboard before you can move off? Trying to get my head round all the systems powering up….must be quite a big operation.
Trying to catch up on replies - been away a few days.

The systems are way more complex than say a typical FairPrinSeek 75 footer in that there is 24v, emergency 24v, 230v single phase, 400v tri-phase, 3 independent bilge pump systems, 3 fuel tanks, and so on, but actually that's all much easier than it sounds. Everything is digitally switched from Garmin screens with helpful graphic displays (eg of icemaker water flow, fuel transfer flow, all a bit like an EV dashboard with animated arrows etc). There is back up manual switching of course. So you can leave the dock at 15 minutes notice for a fair weather trip, if you know what you're doing.

A boat like this does have to be constantly powered up 365 days on the dock or at sea. So the batteries are never isolated, and the chargers run all winter. Perhaps the biggest difference from a smaller boat is that 400v 3Ph is required all the time, so a generator is always running at sea. If both generators fail it will still work because all fuel transfer and fluid systems. and the steering, have 24v back up, but basically a generator runs from the moment you leave the dock to the moment you return, which is fine and actually is how I ran the Squadron 78s because once you have stabilisation and airco you need a generator on anyways.

Last edited:

jfm

Visit site
What a special moment, super yacht splashing with Pavarotti blasting!

Important question which everyones missed... did the bottle of fizz smash!?

Congratulations - looks fantastic.
Yes indeed it did. On the anchor not the hull. They save the broken top/cock and present it in a glass/leather case with diamond encrusted scissors, on handover day :)