New Aqua star 65

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
There was a review in MB&Y a while back, maybe a year to 18 mths ago, which'll tell you all the good bits about the boat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

markdj

www.stronge.org.uk
I was on it at the Southhampton boat show and know Geoff from when we got our Aquastar 33 built 20 odd years ago. The boat is a wonderful piece of engineering. It has to be my favourite boat of all time. If you are looknig for a 1st mate/deckhand /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif .....

Nautical

www.outerreefyachts.com
Probably one of the best engineered boats in that particular class. Surprisingly light on the helm too and you can do a bit of chucking about on it, put many a 65 planing hull to shame.

Loads of space inside and semi custom fit out, Geoff is pretty accommodating and most requests can be built in. Go for Cat power if you can better sellers and jolly reliable.

If looking for similar type of thing others to look at are Fleming probably the Rolls Royce of the lot with the best residuals and if Gludy doesn't have a coronary one of these which comes from the same area but better built IMHO.

Dusseldorf07023.jpg

Other boat worth looking at is Elegance, much more bling but massive SD build and pretty good value for money.

Or if you want to go a bit different and space is your thing you can achieve the same in the smaller Pearl 60, she has four good cabins huge volume inside and a fair nips along but is a planing hull, needs alot less power for cruising speed for much the same internal space.

Sorry bit off thread but thought might be of interest.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Glenn
The Aquastar 65 is a very good boat and I am told very sporty - as other have said light on the helm. Do you have a copy of the review?

It is a muc larger boat that others you have looked at :)

I would also back the advice on going for Cats - what size engine are you goping for?The C18 cat is a superb engine offering very flexible low seepd cruising. I have some papers on it i can email if you want.

I would also make sure you have at least 4kw of inverter - enables you to do all sorts of things withoutt running the gene all day.

Let us all know if you order it.

benjenbav

Visit site
In the light of your comments, I was idly looking at the Aqua-Star advert in the current MBY this morning. I know nothing about their boats and wouldn't want to criticise what looks a lovely product, but a couple of things in the ad did grate with me.

First, the ad states that the new additions "compliment" the range. They may well add something but I doubt if they go around shouting the praises of the brand.

Second, all the boats shown in drawings and photographs are shown wearing blue ensigns. I was under the impression that these were reflective of the skipper rather than the marque.

Small details and maybe irrelevant, but.....

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Yup, agree. The Aquastar ads and brochures irritate me as well. Tortured English, bad grammar, bad punctuation and bad spelling. Does'nt exactly give you confidence in the brand. I hope he's better at building boats. You'd think by now he could afford an ad agency

glenndraper

Visit site
Hi all, just a general thank you to you all for your interest on this subject and to say i have PM,d Dave to be put in touch with an owner of a 65 for all the info. - This is why these blogs are so useful!!!!!

Nautical

www.outerreefyachts.com
I thought so too but there is a lot of crossover between yards out there so maybe they subbie it out, nevertheless what I have seen of hershine is quite impressive if indeed some of their US designs are a little er, 'peculiar'. the pilothouse in the pic and their bigger one is a nice bit of kit and well screwed together.