Mould & Mildew remover.

jamie N

Visit site
As the title says, I'm giving "Dettol Mould & Mildew remover" a big thumbs up. My cockpit tent looked appalling prior to applying it, but about 1/2 an hour later vigorously hosing it off it's looking very good.
My cockpit tent isn't vinyl, but 'tan/beige' canvas.
Being Dettol, it's available virtually everywhere.

Trident

Visit site
HG Foaming Mould Remover is also great on any synthetic material (it has bleach so no good on natural fabrics) - just spray on and leave and they're clean in half an hour. Mustn't allow to spill in to the sea though as harmful to aquatic life.

KAM

Visit site
Cheap bleach from Home Bargains works a treat. Very good in showers too. Seems to work better than branded mould removers.

plumbob

Visit site
I bought Patio Magic on the advice of this. Got to be dry before applying I think? No chance of that till about August then 😉

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Patio Magic and some other non-bleach mould removal products are based on benzalkonium chloride at 3-5%, the product is available at 50% concentration for about £10 a liter, dilute one part in 10-15 parts of water and there you go :)

Clancy Moped

Visit site
As the title says, I'm giving "Dettol Mould & Mildew remover" a big thumbs up. My cockpit tent looked appalling prior to applying it, but about 1/2 an hour later vigorously hosing it off it's looking very good.
My cockpit tent isn't vinyl, but 'tan/beige' canvas.
Being Dettol, it's available virtually everywhere.
Does the bleach contents not attack the stitching?

thinwater

sail-delmarva.blogspot.com
HG Foaming Mould Remover is also great on any synthetic material (it has bleach so no good on natural fabrics) - just spray on and leave and they're clean in half an hour. Mustn't allow to spill in to the sea though as harmful to aquatic life.
FYI, it's not the bleach that earns it the "toxic to marine life" rating, it is the quatrenary amines. They really should not be used around the water. Sorry. Same with Patio Magic (benzalkonium chloride [aka BAC] is a quat amine). The warnings about run off are there.