Motor Boat Chat Show Flag, Burgees.

G

Re: Subliminal advertising - Happy clappy

Para - ok I'll start practising now!..........nah, no effect - I'll keep trying.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Too Late! Haydn\'s driving!!

Talking is no good. I agree with all. All get your selves busy designing flags and stick them on Boat Ones web site. Then stick them on your posts like I have done.
I've worked on design for twenty years and I know full well that I cant go to the emproidery man with an. Eerrr, can we have a piston here err and a parrot there, and oh no I dont like that, try this, do that!! He'll chuck me out on my ear.
He's in the rag trade. Not Leanardo Davinchi. (Spelling might be wrong, but I think he painted things).

Haydn

G

Re: Subliminal advertising

Understand, but in my book makes you chicken and discounts validity of any points you care to take. Which marina do you work for?

G

Re: Problem Para?

Barry - I don't believe it - someone taking a balanced view on MDL's contribution!
I could choose to ignore the postings but having taken over the helm at MDL last year I am determined to make MDL respected and customer facing. Not going to be easy, but that's my aim. I have so much history to contend with and all I am asking for is a fair chance. Our staff also deserve this - they are not the ones who have given MDL the patchy reputation it has.
I would also encourage people to SPEAK to me rather than bandy anonymous words over the ether.
Feel free to call me anytime on 023 8045 0209.
Regards, John Watson

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk

I'm glad I dont have to manage you lot in a commercial enterprise - nothing would ever get done!
I originally came up with the martini mouse idea as a bit of fun last year when BarryD and I got PM'ing about a possible MoBoChat forum burgee. I even went so far as to get some idea of prices from a couple of manufacturers.Howver although there were a few enthusiatic responses there were not enough IMHO to justify a volume order which would have secured a reasonable price and I let it drop as I did not want to get into a personal risk position or a load of hassle with minimal opportunity to cover cost with a profit/risk return.
Personally, I couldnt care less whether you like the martini mouse design or not but I did 'do something aboiut it' designwise and as Haydn says its a basis on which to get a costing.
If you can come up with something better thats great by me but please bear in mind that a design for this purpose must be simple and clear - lots of detail is absolutely a no-no and anything other than a single colour on a plain background will cost a packet more to produce.
As Haydn says you can use my picpark to show us your ideas - in fact I have just created a specaial area for you to do just that : http://www.arweb.co.uk/picpark.html and then select the mobochat burgees topic area. That way you can make the designs a bit bigger and clearer than using your profile piccies.
TTFN

TonyR
boatone@boatsontheweb.com
www.boatsonthethames.co.uk<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by boatone on Thu Mar 14 09:38:40 2002 (server time).</FONT></P>

ccscott49

Visit site

Am I going to get a flag or what! I'm an engineer, not a creative type chappy! Pretty please, can I have a mousketeer flag in the meantime??? Grovel grovel! Need it before my birthday on the 26th, as a party pennant!

ccscott49

Visit site

You didn't make any!!! Boo Hoo! Just what I wanted for my birthday! I may sulk...........OK sulk over, how about a batch of 20 or so, I would buy at least ten, maybe more, they would make great long term guest giveaways, instead of tee shirts with Englander on!

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Re: Put your money where the mouse is

This really is ground breaking territory, first I agree with Haydn and now I'm doing the same with our resident lecherer!!

Yep no one should have to pay for bulk order without the money from those that want the flag paying first.

Trevethan

Visit site
Re: Kim\'s Gang

Mouse represents computer sure,

but surely the the glass represents the floating gin palaces most of you stink potters fiddle about on?

Besides, why do you all need a burgee.. You've no proper sticks to fly 'em from

*heehee*

Put me down for one anyway. I'll run it up when I am under power.

ParaHandy

Visit site
Re: Subliminal advertising

Aah..but if you'd made an offer such as "years free mooring" you'd have had name, NI no... the lot

For what it's worth, some years ago I was getting slightly worried about finding a berth and rang MDL after 5pm at Hamble and got one of your (2?) bosses who laughed when I sounded shocked at the cost. I can not remember his exact words but they were something along the lines of pay up to keep him and his partner in the style to which they've become accustomed. I thought this gratuitously offensive and told him so.

No, I don't work in a marina.

jfm

Visit site
Re: ORDER DOCKET

Count me in for onean order. I dont mint what design, quite happy to get a surprise when open parcel. I'll pay in advance as sson as HLB gives the order :)

KevB

Visit site

Well, I have stuck my 'Penneths' worth on Boatones web page and as it contains MBY I think Kim can help with the costs! It's also generic so the Yotties can have one too if they wish. It shows Neptunes trident because neptune is the God of the Sea, A web cause thats how we all met and MYB cause they need the advertising. <G>
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by KevB on Thu Mar 14 12:05:19 2002 (server time).</FONT></P>