Motor Boat Chat Show Flag, Burgees.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Now I've just been round the corner To see a bloke I know. His business is embroidering flags, jackets penants and thinks with motiffes, or writting. Aparently he can get hold of flags and things. Then embroider what ever on them with special computer designs. Quantities of 4 or upwards. Now to get a proper price out of him I need to know, what size, shape, and what design. He charges so much per 1000 stitches.
So we could have some standard ones and maybe a few with 1000 wrote on the bottom for us old timers. Maybe even flog some Raggy ones to the yachties.
So Do We Want Some.
How Many.
What Size, Shape, Design.
How much do we want to pay.
Answers on a post card please.

Haydn

ParaHandy

Visit site
No insult intended, mind, but could somebody else do the spelling of whats written on these bits o' cloth?!!

ianainge

Visit site
We need one each, leave shape size and design to the fairer sex of the forum, and we should pay nothing MBY could pick up the tab as a thank you , if it wasnt for us posting, kim would be unemployed.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Further To.

Now I've seen the bloke again and got a rough price.

Lets say a burgee 9in high by 12 inch long and pointed.
If it's just writting then no set up charge.
If fancy picture thingy Maybe £250 to set up.

Is there a standard size of pendant. What is it. Byron should know.
Or do we want to go for big flag.
So if we want 50, maybe £5 extra each.
So should be £10-20 each, but maybe less. Depends on to many factors. But dont want to say £3 and then come back and say uueerrr sorry its a tenner.
Now if Boat One can do a design and post it on his web site. Then we can flame him to bits till he gets it right. Then we can go ahead. Even have big ones and small ones for different occasions. And optional spelling. My verion or Queens english if prefered!!
Please fill in the questionare. Make your own up.

Haydn

claymore

Visit site
Haydn
Does he do them with animated characters on them - that way it would look like it was moving on calm days and I could confuse people on start lines - which I already do quite well anyway, including myself.
regards
John S

byron

RIP
Visit site

9" x 12" is a good standard 'fit all' size. Start making Burgees for different size boats and the bill will go up.

ô¿ô

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Thanks Byron. We're getting some where.
So it's 9x12.
Colour. Blue??
Now what does it say on it. Cant say to much, not enough room.
Do we want a picture/cartoon thingy in the middle. What is it.

Haydn

G

As I started this you'd better stick me down for one or I'll never hear the last of it.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: yes yes

Well all this is very jolly. But no bugger is coming up with words, colour or picture.
MBY. Sounds very boreing.
How about some thing like Colins Mouse for the pic.
And. CHAT SHOW PARTY For the words in yellow on a blue background. Compass price £19-95 including post and packing. Shall I try for that????

Light blue touch paper and stand well back!!

Haydn

ccscott49

Visit site
I'll have one aswell, can us ragpots have a different colour? Only joking, I like the martini mouse thingy, I have a cap like that!

BarryH

Visit site

Wording on burgee as follows:- (top line forming top half of circle) Armchair. (bottom line forming bottom of circle) Boater. With a piccie of a tea cup in the middle.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Well! If its only going to be for us Stinkies I reckon a cool name would be:-
"The Net Power Squadron"
With a piccie of someone holding their nose

ô¿ô

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Must have a parrot, a n exploding bog, lots of driftwood, a leaping leopard and a wet Colic and add in a bit of smoke, a bottle of s#####n and a drunken crew and it would be somewhere near.