Motor Boat Chat Show Flag, Burgees.

BarryH

Visit site
Re: Further To.

OK serious answer, wot bout a prop with a net superimposed over the top of it, hows that for starters

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk

Would help if you buggers read posts like the one I posted t'other day:
Re: Forum Burgees [re: andrewpocock]
I had a go at designing something like this last year (BarryD was quite keen but any burgee would be too big for his boat - but watch this space!) but chickened out when it became obvious we'd need to sell quite a few to get a reasonable price.
You can seee the 'martini-mouse' burgee at
http://www.boatsonthethames.co.uk/burgee1.gif
Really posh embroidered ones were going to be about £30 or so and printed ones about £15 but youd need 50 or so to make printed worthwhile if I rmember correctly.

TonyR
boatone@boatsontheweb.com
www.boatsonthethames.co.uk

Geoffs

Visit site

I reckon Boatones's mousey thing is pretty good. Simple and eye catching. Don't need any wording, it'll be a conversation piece. If there's enough of them they'll soon get known.

I'll have one, not sure where I'll stick it though!

burgundyben

Visit site
Re: a BIG lobster pot NM>

Wot about, white triangle, size, 9 inches tall, 12 long (as recmdd above), YBW in red letters, on both sides, on one side YBW has big Y along vertical edge and letters taper towards the tail, same on other side but going the other way if you see what I mean. Have a look on http://tooz.hosted.mouselike.org/regalia.html the Fairey one is nice I think but I am likely to be a little biased.

Hope I have not ruined this thread by making a serious suggestion. Now I'll get called boring again by silly sod BarryD (there I have broken our truce).

Could try also Wet and Wild Graphics in Hamble, they do stitchy hat embroider type stuff and well as very sticky letters.

Back home this week so no more middle of night posts.

burgundyben, coolest of men, by all I'm called, cool burgundyben.

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Thanks Tony. My Guy is comercial type and gave me posible prices from about £5 but the theres PP. This design looks like being on the lower price mark but there will be some set up costs I suspect because it's not standard writting.
Anyway whats every one think.

Haydn

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk

Haydn - if you want to see a static version its at:
http://www.boatsonthethames.co.uk/burgee2.gif

The design could be simplified and emboldened by a competent artist I suspect. Gold/Bright yellow on royal blue (Byron wouldnt approve of any other blue.....) should look quite striking.
Ask your guy for a quote by all means but who's going to get commitments(cash up front???) and do the legwork? My experience of these ideas in the past has been chaotic verging on nightmare!

TonyR
boatone@boatsontheweb.com
www.boatsonthethames.co.uk

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Yes Tony. All ready experiencing the nightmare bit.
But should not be to much leg work. He's only 100yds from home and he can sort out the flags I think.
Sugested method for payment is. Email me with address and order. I'll send back my address. Post cheque and I'll send the flag. Any proffit to the RLI

Haydn

tcm

Visit site
Re: Corr!

Can I have one anyway? It's much better that the crap one that came with the boat which just says CNA on it, the name of the boatyard. What size is it? Or what size can it be? I have no idea what size the one I have at the moment. Cor, again.

ParaHandy

Visit site
Subliminal advertising

Y'know how subliminal advertising's done - flash a message v. quickly and it sticks in the mind of whoever sees it? Well could we not weave a message like "**** *** MDL" or "HALF PRICE MOORINGS" into the burgee and if every bod at MDL flies it in front of MD's panoramic exec office suite then...hey presto! Could be light sensitive material so that only "lights up" at certain times eg every morning and quickly discharges?

claymore

Visit site
Fair Enufsky

Don't care who makes it
Don't care what it costs - because it cannot cost a fortune- and because I have the artistic ability of a dead ferret - its best I don't comment on design
put me down for one
Send me payment details
Regards
John S