Morgana is a git, and I hate him

Sixpence

Visit site
For the benefit of those that wisely keep away from The Lounge (aka the bilge) please let me explain. I don't really hate him but he does come close to deserving a knot award, I'll think of one in time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Jeez, these knot awards are going to become treasured possessions at this rate /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Anyway, I digress.

Let me tell you a story.

Not long ago, in a place quite close by (see, I like being different /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif ) I decided that enough was enough and announced that I was pulling out of YBW. I've upset a few people in the past and some have never forgiven me, so apologies to them. Those of you that have met me know the real me, but it's so hard to put that on the interwebthingynet /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Following my announcement, I had a few personal messages from some (thanks all, very much appreciated) and decided not to leave totally, but just to limit my posts as much as possible. Just reading what I would normally respond to.

Then a certain BillboBaggins was on my case, and decided to post things he thought might prompt my return to the bilge, he's a sneaky little hobbit, but one I have every respect for and have chatted on the phone with on a regular basis. But he wanted to provoke me into posting in the bilge and I didn't want to, so told him he could make it as blatant as he liked, I wouldn't respond /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

He did. But his timing coincided with a time when I was desperately trying to get the inlaws underfloor heating working properly and I didn't have time to jump in and stop the flow of comments that followed (thanks to all those that came to my defence, I'm lucky to have so many of you that are willing to put yourselves in the firing line, can't thank you enough) with an explanation.

What followed was a debunking of his former post, from the Baggins, showing that this entire thread was simply an attempt to get me to return to the bilge. Immediately followed by a PM from Mr Morgana, implying in a less than pleased manner that he had suffered a severe sense of humour failure /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Having no wish to lose any valued friends on here, I fell victim to this, and promptly sent out PM's to all those that had jumped to my defence and pulled out of YBW totally. Luckily I had neglected to change my settings and got an e.mail when he sent the next PM a good 24 hours later or I would never have known it, but he had decided to wind me up and got me good and proper /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Neil, you are truly a git, and a git knotted award for the best windup is due, nice one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, back to hibernation for me, getting too close to the big 19 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif , hopefully my problems will be sorted soon, got a job interview next week that should help with some of them (wish me luck with it) and hope to sail soon, so fingers crossed if you please.

The thread was never intended to be a windup, but it does prove how easy it is for a misunderstanding to happen, been on the wrong end of that a few times myself /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
Only got a few posts left before I hit the next big number and if I can make that one a big surprise and well worth posting, and serious /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif , it would be worth the wait /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, while I'm doing this post, anyone know where to get monel rivets from ? (cheap is best) then maybe I can get the mast up this weekend, even if it does snow /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
A chandlers is easiest... in the quantities you need, it'd cost more to get 'em posted....

Do you have Duralac for galvanic protection? - don't buy any... its expensive, and i've got a tube here in my garage that you could borrow a squeeze or two out of...

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
anyone know where to get monel rivets from ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Me.

I've got thousands of 'em, in different sizes, in different packages. Don't ask - the Avro Shackleton was famously described as "20,000 rivets in close formation".....

The next question is - do you have a suitable 'setting' tool?

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JKay

Visit site
I've got a 1/2 litre tin if anybody needs a dollop(ex RAF) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

cheers Joe

Visit site

You do the 'kissy'; I'll do the makeup....

Kiss.jpg

old_salt

Visit site
Cheers Dave. Glad to finally hear you have pulled thought.
all the best with the sticky up thing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif that being the mast of course, looks like you have some valuable offers to sort it.
Please let us/me know here or there how you get on with 6d. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Cheers David.