Moorings in the Med

Seven Spades

Visit site
Monfalcone looks interesting. Going to Venice looks horrid Google says it is a three hour transfer by public transport to Monfalcone. It seems to get to Trieste you have to change at Munich. It is the same price as going direct from Stanstead with ryan Air when you include traveing, parking and baggage.

BrianH

www.brianhenry.byethost18.com
Monfalcone looks interesting. Going to Venice looks horrid Google says it is a three hour transfer by public transport to Monfalcone. It seems to get to Trieste you have to change at Munich. It is the same price as going direct from Stanstead with ryan Air when you include traveing, parking and baggage.
I've just accessed the Ryanair website and found:
Ryanair - London Stansted to Trieste Tuesday 24 Apr 2018 - 13:45 - Direct (2hr 10mins) 16:55 ... Standard fare £14.99

Probably they don't fly out-of-season or even direct every day but starting April (as offered in the example) it should be better.

I agree, Venice Marco Polo would involve getting the interregional train at Mestre (bus every 15min) to Monfalcone, another couple of hours. My wife regularly gets the Milan-Venice intercity then that same interregional to Latisana - about half-way.

Seven Spades

Visit site
It is £150 taxi ride each way to Stansted or a similar amount to park for any length of time. A flight from LHR to Triest via Munich is a similar total cost and time if you look at the time to travel to Stansted from Guildford. £14.99 does not include and luggage.

RupertW

Visit site
It is £150 taxi ride each way to Stansted or a similar amount to park for any length of time. A flight from LHR to Triest via Munich is a similar total cost and time if you look at the time to travel to Stansted from Guildford. £14.99 does not include and luggage.

Having tried Munich change for the first time a couple of weeks ago I found the experience so badly organised and surly that I wasn't surprised that they failed to get the luggage on the plane to Croatia with me, and that they were so used this happening that they said they always manned a desk after flights via Munich for the dozen or so passengers this happened to every time.