MMSI Directory

Birdseye

Visit site
this thread is a classic example of how only those who feel strongly will respond.

some people will buy the directory. some will not. cant see any harm in publishing so its not really a decision where "maritime safety professionals" have any more to contribute than anyone else. its a straight forward business decision along the lines of "can we sell enough to cover our costs and make a profit?"

suggest you get some professional market research done, and base a decision on that.

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Well you've had plenty of good suggestions so far. Why not print them off and use them!!

<hr width=100% size=1> <font color=blue>It's flog a flag day.<font color=red> Today.<font color=blue>

Haydn

Ohdrat

Visit site
What an utter waste of time...... DSC ok.. but I'm not going down that route unless no VHF or knackered VHF on whichever boat I buy (used not new).

I cannot see how you could make this proposed directory useable as there is no way to index it USEFULLY i.e. not in numerical order but by identifying the boat.. this would rely on the boat name being visible.. not even commercial vessels can be identified this way!

I s'pose you could design the directory like those bird identification books.. but I cannot see how a manageable (i.e. one that wouldn't sink anything under 40ft) directory is possible.

Anyway whats the MARS db for if not this?

<hr width=100% size=1>