MiToS re-built/fit- versilcraft Mystery43

vas

Visit site
hello all,

sorry for the lack of updates, I really promise I'm going to make up for it in due course!
Plenty of photos to post, no time, as MiToS is STILL on the hard, was on the trolley, moved forward by 5m in order to have space and work on the bathing platform construction and back on barrels and blocks since trolley was needed for shifting other boats around.
New date set for this Saturday.
Nothing went wrong in particular , but since we got in the stage were you could also do this, or finish that while still on the hard, I took advantage of it...

Currently boat is fully seaworthy (he says!) engines checked and run, el and various other subsystems are fully functional, platform is in place, ss support also in place, new bathing platform to aft deck ss staircase designed and fabricated (since I got an extremely nice guy and excellent craftsman to do it!) and currently sorting out fenders, finalizing the servicing and plumbing of the genny and sorting out all my toolboxes trying to find ways of storing them in the lazarette...
Mattresses are in place, salon drawer cabinet back in place and after a long sanding session bolted down and filled up with things.
Tomorrow the modded sofa arrives, Alekos finishes the temp antislip surface on the bow and f/b deck and I continue finishing off various odd jobs.

One of the main reasons she's still in the hard is that bleeding bureaucracy means that a new set of papers had to be done by an approved nautical engineer (who came and surveyed the boat last week) but whole thing takes time, way more than I expected!
So looks like papers are going to be ready on Monday, means that up to then I can only be in the water in port and only move about (a few miles that is) for testing purposes, which I'll do on Sat.

So fingers crossed all works out well. Mind last week I've been on the boatyard from sunrise to after midnight with the odd break to buy bits from the shops or a midday 1h rest at home for a shower and seeing the family. Needless to say I'm knackered and partially collapsed today, had the late evening off, slept for a few hours and now trying to catch up with some work work. Son has been helpful (some interesting stories though!) and wife picked up an interest on the project and started visiting daily and working in cleaning on painting the untreated bits of the cabins as a temp fix until the time cedar is laid on the cabin floors and some more upholstery panels cover sidewalks on the cabins. Daughter happy but not really contributing, got to find appropriate punishment for that, pitty it's not a sailboat else I could hang her upside down from the mast :p

Promise the next post will have a short report on floating MiToS and I'll work on a few longer posts with pics once on port waiting for the docs.
Thanks for the continuing interest!

cheers

V.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Vas,

Would be a shame to see your lovely topsides scuffed. If you'd like 5 metres of black Fender sock material let me know the diameter or circumference of your fenders and PM me your address and I'll send you some gratis. Should be enough to cover 5 or 6 fenders.

Good luck!

Pete

vas

Visit site
Just a quick note from MIToS floating... Finally went back in this morning in order to complete some extra works and since docs are STILL not ready (means I can go nowhere yet)

Three issues noted:

Controls very stiff on f/b but reasonably Ok on lower helm.

Port engine that had its heat exchangers removed and cleaned leaked engine oil on the test run around the port. After docking, I noticed a screw wasn't tightened properly... Problem sorted

Third is a little odd and confusing as there's water leaking from the wastegate outlet to the ss elbow that was custom fabricated. Difficult to explain, will probably remove and pressure test it, after figuring out if it's leaking sea water or coolant.
Only happens on strd engine

Knackered, will relax a bit and try to address the issues with a cleaner mind

Wife and a friend took pics from the hard planes reasonably flat without using any tabs. Expect a few longish posts over the next couple of days

Cheers

V

BartW

www.amptec.be
Vas that is the post that many have been waiting for, for many years :)

it seems that you only have very minor issues, and thats amazing ! well done so far