Mile Building

Opsguy1979

Visit site
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place but I am after some advice.

I am booked on a 7 day mile builder course (sail) next week. I have been advised by the school that due to technical issues this might be cancelled and I'll be updated tomorrow. I cannot afford to waste my leave and was really looking forward to it.

Do you know or have you used any similar companies that do trips like this? Ideally looking for somewhere in the Southern UK but open to any suggestions.

It would be great to have any ideas.

Cheers Karl

Angele

Visit site
Boss at Hamble Point do. https://www.boss-sail.co.uk/cruises But I can't see anything for next week.

You could also try those schools who do fasttrack YachtMaster courses, since they need to get their students up to the 2,500 nm requirement and, you never know, they might have a bunk spare. Try UKSA in the first instance.

After that I'm struggling. I think you might need to ring lots of schools along the south coast to have much success with a mile builder. An RYA course would be a different matter. I suspect you could get a very good deal last minute.

Out of interest (and well out of the geographical area you specified), but someone I was with at the Southampton boat show was offered last minute availability on an RYA course in Southern Spain (near the border with Portugal), starting this coming Sunday, for €550. I thought that was pretty good value. Is that any good?

capnsensible

Visit site
Short notice will gives you a good call at a sailing school. The 'technical problems' might have meant no other customers! Ringing round now should get you something at a reduced price but mebbe just a standard school week, but valuable seatime nevertheless.

The ones I would recommend (knowing them from the past) would be Commodore Sailing and Team Sailing in Gosport.

Good luck!