Everything about Princess V48 MK1

Nick1150

Visit site
Hello to all,

I am looking for any info about the Princess V48 MK1 (2006-2010), D9-575s on shafts...

It certainly ticks almost all boxes, and I have already decided to be our next one, it would be thought very helpful to know from owners any details, pros or cons first hand.

Thank you in advance,

Nikos

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
I’ve never been an owner , was very close after selling the Phantom 43 .
I’ve serviced many over the years , very well put together boat , a bit tight rear of each engine , lazarette area difficult and small compared to other boats of similar designs making generator difficult to service and batteries to change .
Watch out for the D9 gearbox problems mainly the drive couplings on the flywheel , watch out for tiny bits of rubber around the bellhousing .

Nick1150

Visit site
Is this a well known issue od D9s? Should I avoid them? I had the impression that D9s were worry free engines, at least way better that the D6s I already own....

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
Lovely boat, the Targa 47 GT has a better layout and finishing and overall quality feel (yes in those times Fairline was a dot better to Princess IMO) and engine excess is one of the best from Fairline (possible from both aft and cockpit floor). Saying all this I do prefer the lines of the Princess V48. Sorry this would be a hard pick!

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Lovely boat, the Targa 47 GT has a better layout and finishing and overall quality feel (yes in those times Fairline was a dot better to Princess IMO) and engine excess is one of the best from Fairline (possible from both aft and cockpit floor). Saying all this I do prefer the lines of the Princess V48. Sorry this would be a hard pick!
Hmm I’m not sure about the quality , many Targa 47s are now of an age where the linings are sagging , the cupboard doors are flaking , loss of gloss finish , I even went to look at one that had a factory refit as it spent time in the far east soaking up the humidity. The V48 is a far better built boat in my opinion .

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
Hmm I’m not sure about the quality , many Targa 47s are now of an age where the linings are sagging , the cupboard doors are flaking , loss of gloss finish , I even went to look at one that had a factory refit as it spent time in the far east soaking up the humidity. The V48 is a far better built boat in my opinion .
I inspected three T47s (beside listing two) and never found any of these founding's. Bear with me these are Med boats who IMO do get more abuse then UK boats;

The linings things and loss of gloss is really subjective to maintenance, also UK build boats will always have top sides caulking staining after ten to twenty years (and again subject to maintenance).
The more South in the Med, the more this is common.

I think between the two there is no better or worse, and a for a boat which is nearing twenty years maintenance plays a big part.
I like the V48 lines more, but the layout (engine room, galley, and tender garage) are all better in the T47, there is no denying this.