Methoni

sailaboutvic

Visit site
So good to be away from the Ionian, it's been three years since we last anchored by the old ruins at Methoni .
First leg two to go , heading East around the Peloponnesus .
Anyone this way look us up .

Hardmy

Visit site
I'm looking forward going to go there as well! But I'll have to wait until last week of June...

There appears to be a pier on the north side of the bay. Any idea of the depth at its tip? Enjoy the place!

sailaboutvic

Visit site
There a pier that goes west to east , the tip you have about 2.5 / 3 mts for what I remember , we not gone ashore since we got here as it was last and we not eaten , going ashore to morrow , if I remember I take a look , we always anchored , nice little group of six yacht all well spaced out .

JanZ

Visit site
Always loved Methoni. Also really like Finikounda just around the corner up towards Kalamata.
We're the other side of the Peloponnese at the moment, in Plaka, but heading towards you. Will undoubtedly overlap at some stage.

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Not far behind you Vic but probably won't be there for 5-6 days.

By the way, I found a second temp. controller when looking for something else. Thought I'd bought 2 on eBay. So will have one to try on the MPPT regulator if it gets too hot. However, it doesn't seem to be a problem yet so might relegate it to being a spare for our fridge. :D:D

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Not far behind you Vic but probably won't be there for 5-6 days.

By the way, I found a second temp. controller when looking for something else. Thought I'd bought 2 on eBay. So will have one to try on the MPPT regulator if it gets too hot. However, it doesn't seem to be a problem yet so might relegate it to being a spare for our fridge. :D:D
Day of rest today as we had three days of sailing engine only been on to anchor plus to morrow looks a better day for crossing to leg two , with more strong NW .
Buy the way The one you give me is working well thanks Mike .
We keep an eye out for you .

jimbaerselman

www.jimbsail.info
For "Gourmet Greek", with an everyday price, try Restaurant "Old Story". As you walk west up the hill from the beach, it's about 150 metres on the left. An Athenian couple started it up three or four years ago. Four of us had a fine meal there two weeks ago, including drinks, €45. Lots of praise from our guests!

Fibre broad-band has hit mainland Greece in a big way. If you need WiFi for an update or big download, the pub opposite (name hidden by foliage) serves a pint of draft Mythos for €3 - or a much cheaper coffee. And you'll get 70Mbps. This is normal even in villages like Finikounda.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
For "Gourmet Greek", with an everyday price, try Restaurant "Old Story". As you walk west up the hill from the beach, it's about 150 metres on the left. An Athenian couple started it up three or four years ago. Four of us had a fine meal there two weeks ago, including drinks, €45. Lots of praise from our guests!

Fibre broad-band has hit mainland Greece in a big way. If you need WiFi for an update or big download, the pub opposite (name hidden by foliage) serves a pint of draft Mythos for €3 - or a much cheaper coffee. And you'll get 70Mbps. This is normal even in villages like Finikounda.

thanks for the info jim