Messalonghi Marina info please

Borden

Visit site
Having read the thread Messolonghi Liveaboards I'm in need of some urgent advice. We have recently been offered a place in Messolonghi Marina from May 1st but as yet I've not confirmed. We plan to move the boat there during the Easter break. We don't live aboard so need somewhere secure from all perspectives.
Is Messolonghi marina prone to damaging winds regularly or is the damage reported in the thread by rascicao a very rare incident?
Messolonghi is in a lagoon and my experiences of lagoon moorings include getting bitten by midges. What's the midge situation like there?
Many thanks to anyone who can help.
Borden

Full time live aboard Currently in Greece
Visit site
Your second question first, yes there are plenty of midges here and this is not only confined to the summer months. With regards to the winds, we did have a week of very high winds but as far as I know no lazy lines broke, and again the only incidents that I am aware of is from the cruisers own lines snapping. There were a few boats here that were not secured tightly enough and were causing a bit of a problem laying on other boats but thats about it, if I was to leave my boat here unattended I would be asking a fellow cruiser to keep an eye out, but this would not be due to the winds, but to make sure that my boat was always safe and secure.