meeting other forumites

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
How about slightly Eccentric?..... no thats been done...

Agressive... no, we've got that...

Serious.... plenty of thoses...

Drunk.... seems to be well covered already...

No Julie... on contemplation, we love you just the way you are! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
"Agressive... no, we've got that...

Serious.... plenty of thoses...

Drunk.... seems to be well covered already..."

well that's me covered, what about everyone else? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Talbot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Powerskipper still hasn't confirmed attendance

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice dig Nick! -(basks in rosy glow of feeling good, having actually done the required thing for once)

bedouin

Visit site
Not a forumite per se - but I'm looking forward to finding out if Twister Ken really does own a Twister /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
There are loads of people I am looking forward to meeting in the flesh. However, I am a bit concerned about the trip over. Apparently one of my fellow crew members is about to give up smoking and I am worried about the effect that this will have on his mental stability. Have you any suggestions?

G

Smoker stopping ....

Loads of Incense sticks around the cabin .... make everyone feel as sick as a dog - then a) he won't worry about his stopping smoking ... b) you'll only worry about yourself and feeling sh....te, c) boat will smell different !!!

Golden rule - don't upset him when giving up !! A lot tend to be touchy and sensitive .... blimey - what a thought - must be half the forumites giving up then !!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Re: Smoker stopping ....

jhr...

I'm a model example of a calm and collected person..... my mental stability has never been a cause of concern...... its already low enough that a small shift downhill will be virtually undetectable....

Look for the positives..... I won't sleep for 3 days, so i'll be good night watch material.....

jimi

Visit site
Re: Smoker stopping ....

yes but there is the slight issue of withdrawal symptoms ... eg

Supertanker approaches on Collision course from port 7 miles away..

JHR: Shall we make a 90 degree turn to port and go behind?

NAS: Nah stand on .. he's the friggin giveway vessel

10 minutes later

JHR: He's looking very close.. what should we do?

NAS: Ram the f#cker .. its OK, I've given up smoking so we wo'nt blow up!

G

Me .... I shall be happy ...

Against my normal nature ... I shall be quiet, calm, not argue with anyone and get calmly p....d in the corner while documenting the goings on for later blackmail and extortion .... along with Digi-photo's of course ......

The enjoyment of the thrash across the Channel to this shin-dig will be one I shall relish .... so please let's have a bloody good hoe-down before we all "bleary-eyed" cast off on the sunday to wend our way home ....

Me - don't care who I meet ... don't care as long as it lives up to expectations ..... only a few days to go and its cast off !!! Can't wait ....

f988b36f.gif

G

You aint going .....

So you'll just have to believe me !!!