Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

John100156

Visit site
How I set: I have chain marked at WL and 5m intervals, when it is laid down a quick move from N-R-N (Morse-tickover) usually sets it perfectly in the lagoon, I don't leave it in tick over, I use 4 x depth plus a bit, what I did not allow for, was that the dinghy had already closed on the stern before I set the anchor and the rope must have dropped close to the prop when I reversed :oops:. I normally keep a dinghy on the BP, but kids had been out in it before we left, so we just dragged it on this occasion - lesson learned though, will not forget that one again!

Great pictures of dam when drained and thanks for rope spec., I will buy some!

Keith and Neil are out there, so should be up for rafting of course. Griff was out when we left, not sure if he has run over to the islands.

Hooligan

Visit site
You got the drone working then.
Nice pics.
Have you developed the take off and landing from your hand?
Yes, really good especially when on the boat where there are few flat spaces not covered. I usually launch from the front deck so it has a home point that works and bring it back to hand. Better still i can operate from the flybridge and drop it into someone else’s hand. Have to say it is a great piece of kit and the photos are amazing. I tend to use when not many other boats around because is understandably somewhat irritating to have a drone buzzing around.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
My boat all polished up and in the water tomorrow for me to join it on Thursday.
Its been a long long time
First job to clean the fenders I think.

633188-D6-3815-4012-B3-B2-E62-C51-A1-C843.jpg

Portofino

Visit site
Looks a little choppy Porto. How does the stabilizer work?:)
Now then Stab threads are getting as exciting as anchor threads . :D .
Never needed them use speed coupled with 1/2 decent ( readily available internet ) forecasts to avoid a rolley anchorages.

Having said that there are no topsides to speak of even absence of those heavy S Steel tubes found in some boats often referred to as guard rails .All adds up weight above the WL = roll .The more % weight above the WL the more roll .
Crikey gawd knows how a modern FB defies the laws of physics…..Erh it doesn’t hence the ballooning Stab market .

Aside I have said this before this little neck of the woods thus far 2 - 1/2 seasons in seems like a wind free zone compared to the SoF mistral riddled coast .

Hot tip no Seakeeper floggers in any of theses Ligurian marinas .;).
Another typical day below .
Do we need stabs ? in this ?
D24FB9D7-374A-4744-AC0D-6412111B515D.jpeg
F06B2736-080A-441C-869C-B6974D6A15EE.jpeg
Mirror flat towards Corsica.

Chris H

Visit site
Now then Stab threads are getting as exciting as anchor threads . :D .
Never needed them use speed coupled with 1/2 decent ( readily available internet ) forecasts to avoid a rolley anchorages.

Having said that there are no topsides to speak of even absence of those heavy S Steel tubes found in some boats often referred to as guard rails .All adds up weight above the WL = roll .The more % weight above the WL the more roll .
Crikey gawd knows how a modern FB defies the laws of physics…..Erh it doesn’t hence the ballooning Stab market .

Aside I have said this before this little neck of the woods thus far 2 - 1/2 seasons in seems like a wind free zone compared to the SoF mistral riddled coast .

Hot tip no Seakeeper floggers in any of theses Ligurian marinas .;).
Another typical day below .
Do we need stabs ? in this ?
View attachment 122106
View attachment 122107
Mirror flat towards Corsica.
After spending a week with us in SoF, our son is now in Amalfi/Capri and can’t believe how calm the sea is.

Portofino

Visit site
I think what portofino is trying to say is he wishes he had a seakeeper. ?
:D
870240A8-74D8-4071-B9E7-F8D9A456278E.jpeg
You feel like the sort of guy that’s ticks the cruise control + distronic box for these roads , distronic the gizmo that locks on to the vehicle infront and maintains a safe distance + will apply emergency brakes for you if necessary to prevent you arse ending said vehicle in front .

Can understand if all you travel on are theses roads below .
85DD3E9D-42D0-43F2-8BFB-8006E986B0C4.jpeg

Stabs are the same .Depends on the sea s you choose to roam about in .

Boat 1- density + 2- wind = wake + waves .

Where 1+2 are tiny = zero need for stabs . It ain’t rocket science .;)