Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

Hooligan

Visit site
For whatever reason every photo I try to post ends up sideways except a few……..too tiresome. Bouba how do you manage to sort it?

Ps this one seemed ok…….tomorrows boat dog!!

Hurricane

Visit site
For whatever reason every photo I try to post ends up sideways except a few……..too tiresome. Bouba how do you manage to sort it?

Ps this one seemed ok…….tomorrows boat dog!!
Almost certainly it is the EXIF meta data that is stored within the image file.
You are probably using a mobile phone to take the pic so the camera knows what it thinks is the correct way up for the photo and puts that into the EXIF data within the file.
My Samsung Android seems to get it right and my photos are displayed on my computer correctly.
They then upload onto this forum in the correct orientation.
I don't use Postimage - most of the time, I use the "Insert Image" button but I also host my own images on my own internet server for more complex posts/threads.
Maybe you are using an iPhone which is getting the EXIF data wrong (well, at least getting the EXIF data different to my Samsung Android)

But we all know that this forum uses some really strange software with some stupid limitations.
Most people fail when trying to upload photos to this forum.
If you click the "Insert Image" button, it will fail - that because they don't allow full resolution photos with this method.
When I post images on this forum, I reduce the image size to 800x600 and then they upload every time.
Crackpot implementation IMO - whats the point of having a simple upload facility if it can't be used simply!!

There are other stupid limitations as well - like only 10 images per post - thats a real PIA if you are writing an interesting report.

OK, this doesn't answer your image rotation issue but it gave me the opportunity to have a rant about poorly implemented software.

Hooligan

Visit site

Thanks. Postimage definitely works better and seems more intuitive to me. Couple of photos to practice. Spent 5 weeks in the Ionians. Fabulous trip and thanks to the forum report from Hardmy. Truly stunning boating and not so crowded as expected, especially if you are self sufficient.

Bouba how do you convert the pictures into full size as you get?

Bouba

Visit site

Thanks. Postimage definitely works better and seems more intuitive to me. Couple of photos to practice. Spent 5 weeks in the Ionians. Fabulous trip and thanks to the forum report from Hardmy. Truly stunning boating and not so crowded as expected, especially if you are self sufficient.

Bouba how do you convert the pictures into full size as you get?
Choose Hotlink for Forum

Bouba

Visit site
Start from the beginning
Upload (sometimes it’s on the front page other times it’s on the drop down menu)
EDIT • the following should automatically come up;
Size (948)
Do Not Resize
No Expiration
Click on Choose Images (it’s in blue)
Choose, Photo library (or wherever you want)
Tick your picture (or as many as you want) and press Done
After it uploads choose Hotlink for Forum and then...
Click on the little blue icon that looks like a clipboard or something
Paste onto your forum post

Last edited:

John100156

Visit site
Here a few images from our trip out to SC last month with grandkids, Covid tests where a PIA but they all had a great time so well worth the effort, can't wait to get out with me and SWMBO again in October:

SCM POOL - TAKEN FROM MY BERTH
1.JPG

THE DAM - KIDS LOVE THE PEDALOES
2.jpg

QUICK LUNCH AT A LOCAL TENNIS CLUB IN SC - 10 MINS FROM MARINA
3.jpg

PLAYING IN THE LAGOON OUTSIDE THE MARINA
4.jpg
5.jpg

KIDS ON A NEIGHBOURS JET-SKI - COMING BACK IN FROM THE LAGOON
6.jpg

Hurricane

Visit site
Here a few images from our trip out to SC last month with grandkids, Covid tests where a PIA but they all had a great time so well worth the effort, can't wait to get out with me and SWMBO again in October:

SCM POOL - TAKEN FROM MY BERTH
View attachment 121922

THE DAM - KIDS LOVE THE PEDALOES
View attachment 121923

QUICK LUNCH AT A LOCAL TENNIS CLUB IN SC - 10 MINS FROM MARINA
View attachment 121929

PLAYING IN THE LAGOON OUTSIDE THE MARINA
View attachment 121930
View attachment 121931

KIDS ON A NEIGHBOURS JET-SKI - COMING BACK IN FROM THE LAGOON
View attachment 121932
Oh - they have put some water in it now!!!

2.jpg

This is what it was like a couple of years ago:-

20180315_121653.resized.jpg

John100156

Visit site
Yeah, we saw that Mike, there was also a small road bridge down there somewhere, as I recall.

Had some fun this trip out in the bay, just setting the anchor, blip in tick over in reverse to dig in, forgot we were towing the dinghy, next thing the crew observed it approaching the stern at a rate of knots, fortunately, I had stopped the engines. It did cut the tow rope though! Quick blip forward unwrapped it and only a couple of dives with a knife to cut the bit wrapped around the prop - phew!

Note to self - invest in a good floating line at SIBS if towing the dinghy in future....:cool:

Hurricane

Visit site
Yep - we walked down there when it was empty.

20180315_113121.resized.jpg

20180315_114346.resized.jpg

20180315_115828.resized.jpg

Anchoring
My technique isn't to leave the engines in tick over - just a little "tickle" to get the momentum of the boat running backwards.
If you leave them running, you will pull the anchor out.
Probably OK in the Lagoon because it is a sticky muddy bottom but in sand you need to be more careful.
I always say that you could use a frying pan to hold a boat in our lagoon!!

Floating rope/painter for the tender.
Usually these are made from Polypropylene.
Be careful I had one on ours and when we were in Es Trenc a few years ago, we had some swell overnight.
I usually have a backup rope when I tie the tender and in this occasion, I was glad I did.
The main floating painter had rubbed right through - It was the kind of thing you would use for a ski line.
Actually, I usually put the tender on the bathing platform overnight so that we can make a quick "get away" if we need to - I don't know why I didn't in that case.
This is the stuff that I used to use - I think I bought it from a swindlery in Alcudia - but as I say, be careful.

DSC07325.resized.jpg

Unlike this floating rope that I use to tie the boat back to the rocks.

20210712_125932.resized.jpg

BTW
I've now booked flights out for end of this month through most of October.
Maybe see you then.
I was thinking of, perhaps, a raft party??