Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

wawando

Visit site
The wife and dog off to join the melee

This photo gives no indication of the madness here. And I don’t think the lunch crowd has arrived yet ??
The lady at Mallorca fuel station says she does no remember a year with so many boats there

Bouba

Visit site
The lady at Mallorca fuel station says she does no remember a year with so many boats there
I also thought that the town was busier but the fruit and veg man says it’s a slow year!
What I have noticed is that every year there are more and more restrictions on boaters. The other day we really struggled to find a place where we could tender ashore to eat lunch at a restaurant. But you see some dangerous manœuvres with boats trying to squeeze in tight anchorages seemingly oblivious to swimmers in the water. But it does come in waves, like everyone comes at the same time then it goes quiet

Last edited:

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Just prepping for my September car trip to the boat ( yipeeee!) and I know it’s somewhere in the last 82 pages of this topic but who did you use for the COVID 2nd day test (on return) which I understand you have to book before the trip out.
On the gov website there is a list of companies that do it for £20, when you phone them up it seems more like £120 ????
Boots do it for £75 Is that a good price?

Last edited:

julians

Visit site
Just prepping for my September car trip to the boat ( yipeeee!) and I know it’s somewhere in the last 82 pages of this topic but who did you use for the COVID 2nd day test (on return) which I understand you have to book before the trip out.
On the gov website there is a list of companies that do it for £20, when you phone them up it seems more like £120 ????
Boots do it for £75 Is that a good price?
the day 2 return test doesnt have to be booked before the trip out, you just need a day 2 booking reference number in order to fill in the UK travel locator form for your return, so it needs booking a few days before you come back.

Moonstruck

Visit site
the day 2 return test doesnt have to be booked before the trip out, you just need a day 2 booking reference number in order to fill in the UK travel locator form for your return, so it needs booking a few days before you come back.
Agreed. Booked ours with Randox Health two days before our return. Kits waiting on the door step upon returning home. Cost £43 each.

DavidJ

Visit site
But but but the eurotunnel site says
A "Day 2" COVID test
All fully vaccinated passengers must also purchase/book a travel testing package prior to travel.

julians

Visit site
A "Day 2" COVID test
All fully vaccinated passengers must also purchase/book a travel testing package prior to travel.
That must be a eurotunnel specific thing then (or maybe it means prior to travel back to the uk?), because that is certainly not the case when flying , and is not a requirement stated on the govt pages.

DavidJ

Visit site
That must be a eurotunnel specific thing then (or maybe it means prior to travel back to the uk?), because that is certainly not the case when flying , and is not a requirement stated on the govt pages.
Yes you’re right I think it means travel back to the UK
I was also confused by the locator form requirement for a return date when we don’t have one. Of course we will know when we plan to return.
Your comment is correct sir, thanks

Moonstruck

Visit site
A "Day 2" COVID test
I would guess this means before you travel on your return journey to the U.K. Certainly you need the booking reference number to complete the U.K. passenger locator form for the journey into the U.K. and if you do not have that completed form the airlines will not let you board from my experience. Maybe Eurotunnel are adopting a different policy? Have you called them ?

Hurricane

Visit site
Yes you’re right I think it means travel back to the UK
I was also confused by the locator form requirement for a return date when we don’t have one. Of course we will know when we plan to return.
Your comment is correct sir, thanks
Definitely when travelling on Brittany Ferries, you don't need to take the Day 2 (the test you have to do after you return) out with you.
Just book it online whilst you are out there.
Most of us in SCM used Randox - a month ago, they had a discount code that you could enter into the Randox online order form.
The discount code then was "BritishAirways43" which gave a £5 discount.

We also needed to have a test before we returned - we chose lateral flow tests from a local Spanish tester because they were cheaper but we needed to check that the standard of the test was good enough for the UK.
We paid 40 euros each but I believe they are cheaper now.
This is a link to the GOV.UK page
Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing before you travel to England

Bouba

Visit site
Ridiculously hot day and now evening. Also breezy and more worryingly there are five water bombing planes flying over our house. Hopefully it’s just for a display to commemorate the Débarquement

Last edited: