Med boaters easing of 90/ 180

Bouba

Visit site
Is this new French proposed law only for existing property owners?....or only those who owned property before 2016 ?....or 2020 ?...or is it open up to anyone in the future who wants to buy property?....more questions than answers.
Anyhow...the more contentious issues in this immigration bill could kibosh the whole thing

Poignard

Visit site
Is this new French proposed law only for existing property owners?....or only those who owned property before 2016 ?....or 2020 ?...or is it open up to anyone in the future who wants to buy property?....more questions than answers.
Anyhow...the more contentious issues in this immigration bill could kibosh the whole thing
I hope you are not forced to give up your villa on the Mediterranean, Bouba.

It would be too depressing to see you appearing in a show like this:

1700067558535.png

Bouba

Visit site
I hope you are not forced to give up your villa on the Mediterranean, Bouba.

It would be too depressing to see you appearing in a show like this:

View attachment 167685
I’m pretty sure those people wouldn’t have voted leave.....that’s the whole basis of the amendment to the bill....that second home owners are innocent victims

Portofino

Visit site
I know I said I wasn't going to post again ... but your posts are just too funny ...

google ETIAS and EES ....

As for all this golden passport/visa stuff ... well the Russians well and truly screwed everyone on that one.

MEPs demand a ban on ‘golden passports’ and specific rules for ‘golden visas’ | News | European Parliament

What has actually happened to these schemes?

Feb 22 UK ... scrapped Golden Visa scheme
Feb 23 Ireland .... scrapped their Golden Visa scheme
Sep 23 Portugal .... removes property investment from their Golden Visa scheme and scraps tax advantages for foreign residents.
May 23 Spain announced plans to end the residency through property scheme for good and are considering an interim proposal to up the minimum investment to €1M
Italy still operates a Golden Visa scheme, the minimum investment is €500,000 which must be done through an Italian limited company. Those holding these visas can also include their family in the application and benefit from a special tax regime. Simply owning property isn't enough.
September 22 Greece .. raised the minimum investment to €500,000 to increase the affordability of real estate for locals in the Greater Area of Athens, the Municipality of Thessaloniki, and the islands of Mykonos and Santorini. This new threshold applied from 1 May 2023. €250k will remain in the poorer areas.
Bulgaria ... drafted a law to end golden visa schemes.
Cyprus ... is only processing applications submitted prior to November 2020, all of which have already been examined, according to the Cypriot government.

What do they all have in common? - a residency card or a VISA which dovetails into the EU immigration systems in place already - and a complicated application process (with the exception of Greece which is very fast) as I mentioned earlier .... Portos Wet Dream of connecting the French Land Registry to border control just for Brits is nonsense.

The tide is turning against such schemes anyway, but I can see a fast-track route to a VLS if it will solve the delays in the current system. We know that current second home owners push up property prices, price out locals and kill communities in rural or low population areas, and they put upward price pressure on property in attractive areas. So I'm not sure this will go anywhere but you never know.
More bolox ^ .
This is NOT about citizen rights .Got it baggy ?

Lets not go down the Russian war in Ukraine cul d sac pleeeeese , on how it’s impacting on EU member states .
Totally irrelevant .
Tnx for finding your dummy and coming back in btw .Thought you had thrown it out …..my bad .Kudos to baggy exhibiting a semblance of adult behaviour folks .

Last edited:

Portofino

Visit site
I’m pretty sure those people wouldn’t have voted leave.....that’s the whole basis of the amendment to the bill....that second home owners are innocent victims
Oh yes some did .Unselfishly putting there country before personal gains . Slap there backs .
They were best placed to see .

Karma ! Now ( we’ll soon )

Portofino

Visit site
This says it better

You are way out of date with this .For reasons only known to you trying to politicise this thread .

See post #1 s link .That’s the topic .
But you might want to reflect what the Sp foreign secretary was doing at the U.K. home office cap in hand earlier this week . It’s wasn’t just Xmas shopping down Regent / Bond st .

Edit - you are invited along to choose my cake I gonna eat in front of you along with Baggy + Tranona .

Last edited:

Forty_Two

Visit site
The only thing this (unlikely to be approved as the Fr gov is not in favour) change would make, is to avoid visisting the visa centre. It would allow the freedom to come & go, sure, but if your total for the year is above 182 days you're gonna have to sign up to Fr tax & move down the residency track anyway, so to talk of it as complete freedom is totally erroneous IMHO.

After all the whole point of the current six month visa is to totally avoid residency issues.

Portofino

Visit site
The only thing this (unlikely to be approved as the Fr gov is not in favour) change would make, is to avoid visisting the visa centre. It would allow the freedom to come & go, sure, but if your total for the year is above 182 days you're gonna have to sign up to Fr tax & move down the residency track anyway, so to talk of it as complete freedom is totally erroneous IMHO.

After all the whole point of the current six month visa is to totally avoid residency issues.
Yes but 180 in Fr + 90/180 else where in Schengen is in practice a hole lot better than solely 90/180 + visa application hassle .

Its only as the brief says in post #1 for NONE residents ……that’s a given from post #1 link . Usual residency rules are as you say unaffected .

Bouba

Visit site
Yes but 180 in Fr + 90/180 else where in Schengen is in practice a hole lot better than solely 90/180 + visa application hassle .

Its only as the brief says in post #1 for NONE residents ……that’s a given from post #1 link . Usual residency rules are as you say unaffected .
Three quarters of the year on the continent....many a yachtie would grab that deal

Portofino

Visit site
Three quarters of the year on the continent....many a yachtie would grab that deal
Yeh which current U.K. based numbties would want to trade there relatively low U.K. tax status with considerable higher France + Italy ? Especially HNWI ….the likely demographics of Fairprinseeker s punters .Some one remind me of entry level prices theses days . Better still typical mid range 100 ftr Sunseeker prices .

WFH , cabins done as offices….already here guys .

Forty_Two

Visit site

Well I've had a visa twice now which indeed gave me 180 in Fr + 90/180 elsewhere in Schengen. I don't see the visa process as an issue. Compared to running a floaty thing it's cheap. Sure it takes a day to get your paperwork in order & a day if your not near a centre but the benefits more than outweigh that.

Apply early enough & appointments are not an issue. Never nad a problem with the online system.

At my 2023 visit to the London centre I was surrounded by whinging Brits, talk about get a life 🤣😎

By the way I'd rather have a visa to wave at the border guard than proof of property ownership, which would allow the border guard more choice depending how they felt that day.

billskip

Visit site
But even before exit I think legally one was obliged to inform the authorities in the UK that absence exceed/intended to exceed 180 days, so your 180 +90 is a no no.
Of course this is only relevant to those fiddling the system.. ...

Portofino

Visit site
Well I've had a visa twice now which indeed gave me 180 in Fr + 90/180 elsewhere in Schengen. I don't see the visa process as an issue. Compared to running a floaty thing it's cheap. Sure it takes a day to get your paperwork in order & a day if your not near a centre but the benefits more than outweigh that.

Apply early enough & appointments are not an issue. Never nad a problem with the online system.

At my 2023 visit to the London centre I was surrounded by whinging Brits, talk about get a life 🤣😎

By the way I'd rather have a visa to wave at the border guard than proof of property ownership, which would allow the border guard more choice depending how they felt that day.
You have to choose the start + end , the dates of your 6/12 within the yr and can’t rtn within 6/12 france .

The proposed hol home thingy means owners ( within residency rules ) are not restricted on which dates in the yr .
Works better . Having said that sprinkling in the boaty bit .It’s seasonal sure but the CdA s climate ( compared to the U.K. ) in effect for Brits it a yr round playground .Even if the boats in the winter a floating caravan .But as I said a % of the budget splashed out on bricks / mortor could be a nice winter accommodation as well as the floaty plastic thing .

Forty_Two

Visit site
"You have to choose the start + end , the dates of your 6/12 within the yr and can’t rtn within 6/12 france "

Not exactly, you can't get another visa for six months but you can use your 90/180 days in Fr assuming you keep the total used within the 182.

Portofino

Visit site
But even before exit I think legally one was obliged to inform the authorities in the UK that absence exceed/intended to exceed 180 days, so your 180 +90 is a no no.
Of course this is only relevant to those fiddling the system.. ...
Nope .It’s been nowt to do with time away from U.K. for ages irrc 15 yrs .
Its down to your birth place your father’s birthplace and where crucially your main economic activity is .

The 180 + in the U.K. to qualify is wrong .

There was a famous test case early noughties .
Keeping it anonymous. Guy buys house in Seychelles .Has a jet .Buisness + wealth still in U.K. .Kids at U.K. school s , still keeps U.K. family home aside Wentworth.Member of several U.K. clubs inc nearby golf club .
One yr he was Captain .
Reckons because he jets off back to Seychelles over the 182 days U.K. tax is NA as he doesn’t qualify….your point .

HMRC take him to court . His defence play the days away card .HMRC play the passports card s and main economic activity citing school fees , kids , golf club , U.K. bank accounts + U.K. investments etc etc + various cars still reg etc etc .= His “ main economic activity “

No one except his badly advised legal team gives a toss .HMRC win .He looses and despite various appeals ends up stumping up £25 M in tax owed .

This had set a precedent , kicked into touch you can escape uk tax by simply exceeding 182 or what ever days out of the U.K.
It quite hard to loose tax status .But esay to drop into another’s and if so double taxation treaty’s are in place to assist .
If you retain economic activity in the U.K. , then no one’s interested where you spend 9 or 11 months or what ever .
You are still a U.K. tax resident . So boubas point stands .

Last edited:

billskip

Visit site
Nope .It’s been nowt to do with time away from U.K. for ages irrc 15 yrs .
I was not referring to the likes of who you mention, I am referring to those that live in Spain, (or elsewhere) and claim all the benefits like heat allowance etc plus of course the driving licence exchange...the cake and eat it brigade....