Me tables stuck!!

davesimmons

Visit site
Sorry for the stupid post but its a real quickie /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I cannot get the table out of the floor on my Regal 1800!! I have lifted the top off which is simply a plastic ring that pops on and off however the floor one is stuck solid. Am I missing something? The manual confirms that it should just pop out?

Tried doing my he-man impression but all I ended up with was a bad back!

DAKA

Visit site
If you gently tilt / push the table top or pole in a circular motion it will turn and as it does it will pop out.

it is normal for them to get stuck as they bounce through the waves or as people lean on them as they stand up.

Circular motion from the top in increasingly large circles will do it, you may think it is not moving to start with but there will be pressure starting to work.

davesimmons

Visit site
Thanks guys - was worried about putting lots of pressure on it when not 100% sure of how it came out! Will try with hopefully more success this weekend.

Thanks

robind

Visit site
If my memory serves me right the base is cast aluminium? and the post extruded ali ? so I guess that there is some minor oxydisation on the taper? I would use some white vinegar desolved in hot water to try to release it ( pour it around the taper and lift and wriggle gently with a turning action, (now theres something to try do while you are reading the instructions) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif)) it should pull out OK or put ice cubes into the extruded post and leave for a few minutes then use neat vinegar and pour it down the taper joint, then once again jiggle,and pull! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif))