MDL Price rise for 2016

Ian h

Visit site
Just received my renewal invitation for 2016,

A price rise of 3.25% and what extra do we get ...............
No word as to why the prices have gone up either

what have other marinas increased their prices by ?

Anders_P42

Visit site
I do like the idea of logging on to a portal and being able to check on power usage. In the winter it would be reassuring to see circa 160W power consumption to prove the 2 x 80w tube heaters are working :D

And I presume the new power outlets will have some sort of pin that prevents a visiting boat from unplugging your power lead and chucking in a y-splitter stealing free power...

CLB

Visit site

Well someone has got to pay for those doughnuts, ice creams, glasses of wine, beer and free snacks :D

Portofino

Visit site
La Napoule -
Found out yesterday we were all to be given an extra 5 years free mooring for berth holders
Taking the lease expiration date up to 2029 from 2024

aquapower

Visit site

That's about another £90 for me then.

Whitelighter

Visit site
If you don't like it, vote with your keel.

They are a commercial business and will charge as much as they think consumer base will bear.

As for what you get - a berth and the services associated with it. Just because inflation is lower, their staff costs (average national wage inflation is 2.5%), financing may be higher, services may be higher etc etc

Firefly625

Visit site
Quite justified IMO, don't like it, would prefer a decrease but that just ain't going to happen. Blame rising property values, national living wage, and a more prosperous economy. But if you like where you are, pay up and enjoy another year of boating. You can always feel smug as you will be paying far less than us folk in a mdl hamble marina....

Wavey

Visit site
I'm with MDL at Shamrock. I don't have a problem with the increase of around 3.5%.

Literally yesterday I finished my company's figures for 2015 and the budget for 2016. I would have been ecstatic if I could have kept my cost increases down to around 3.5% for either year.

oldgit

Visit site
Would love to know the figure for business rates paid by MDL at one of their marinas.
Some may also recall the government allowing local councils to charge 2% on top of normal rates to replace the money cut from social budgets.
Most boats come some sort of propulsion device and navigation equipment.
There will always be something cheaper somewhere,you may just have to do a little more for yourself or operate out of somewhere less salubrious.