MDL Price rise for 2016

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
do your marinas measure your boat or do they go off manufacturers stats
My marina definitely measures - and it is rumoured that they have a "special" tape measure :D

Being serious, I suspect most of us are paying extra for unnecessary protrusions at bow and stern. My pulpit could easily be shifted 6" backwards to save a few bob! Have never been able to understand why anyone would want to pay a couple of hundred quid a year extra for one of those pelican beak thingies. Mind you, if we all got canny the rate per metre would simply shift up a notch !

Last edited:

Firefly625

Visit site
I have been present at both my boats measurements. Quite a tricky job. No "special tape measure" Tony, the guys do their best to be fair, they always err on the side of caution and if you got a tape and measured your own boat you may find your measurement is factionally longer...

benjenbav

Visit site
I have been present at both my boats measurements. Quite a tricky job. No "special tape measure" Tony, the guys do their best to be fair, they always err on the side of caution and if you got a tape and measured your own boat you may find your measurement is factionally longer...

I've often wondered how this measurement is done: shortest distance between 90 degree projections from the foremost and aftmost points above the waterline?