Marlec HRDi controller blank

Iliade

Shoreham - up the river without a paddle.
www.airworks.co.uk
I stupidly managed to leave the water pump on with an empty tank a fortnight ago and yesterday found totally flattened batteries, despite solar and wind inputs.

The Marlec is only connected to the wind generator, solar uses its own controller.

On plugging the boat (Sterling charger) back into first the genny and then shore power, the Marlec is giving a three blue lights and a blank screen. It lights up, but that is all.

Is a reset likely to get it up and running again and if so how? Or is the forum opinion that it is banjaxed?

Last edited:

steve1963

Visit site
I stupidly managed to leave the water pump on with an empty tank a fortnight ago and yesterday found totally flattened batteries, despite solar and wind inputs.

The Marlec is only connected to the wind generator, solar uses its own controller.

On plugging the boat (Sterling charger) back into first the genny and then shore power, the Marlec is giving a three blue lights and a blank screen. It lights up, but that is all.

Is a reset likely to get it up and running again and if so how? Or is the forum opinion that it is banjaxed?
Hi lliade,

Did you get any replies to your question regarding your HRDi? I have exactly the same problem. Someone unplugged my shore power, and I returned to find a dead battery, and an HRDi with a blank display

VicS

Visit site
Nothing yet... I am also still awaiting an email reply from Marlec.
Disconnect the batteries and restrain the wind gen.
Charge both batteries and reconnect as described in the Installation and Operation manual

See the manual also for reset instructions (A restart is necessary if a battery is added or removed from Bat2 position. Maybe also if flattened completely ??? )