Llys Helig

DanTribe

Visit site
It looks like there is progress on salvage of this Burnham landmark.
NtM is giving a warning regarding positioning a dry dock barge to take her away.
Good news if sucessful.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Seems she's 'sailing' tomorrow (Fri 20/01)

LLYS HELIG UPDATES
So, finally, things are coming together for the Llys Helig to depart from Burnham-on-Crouch after about 30 years. The BISON dry dock, which looks like a giant floating box 100ft long, is now moored in position just a little out in the river.
We are going to make the first try to get Llys Helig into the dry dock tomorrow morning (Friday) at 09.00. The dock gets sunk, Llys Helig should float in easily on the high tide, and then settle onto the cradle built inside. Once she is secure, we pump out the dry dock, and then on a high tide we are off to Rochford. Watch this space and Llys Helig on twitter for updates.

DanTribe

Visit site
As I understand it there's going to be an attempt today (Friday). The tides are getting better until Tuesday so there's a fair window of opportunity.
Can any locals give eye witness report?

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
From their FB page

Saturday 21January - DEPARTING BURNHAM!
We are getting ready to leave Burnham on Crouch for the first time in 30 years.
Llys Helig is securely in her dry dock “Bison“ and our two workboat tugs Assassin and Liberator from Mike’s Boatyard in Leigh-on-Sea are here ready to go.
At high tide this morning we’ll do final checks and then set off - just to the other side of the river for now, we’ll be at Boats.co.uk Essex Marina in Wallasey for a day or two, and then off to Rochford Monday or Tuesday.
Come and see us off if you are around, we”ll put some times up shortly

320364417_1829832804056481_2044165058796224703_n.jpg

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
Pretty hull.

I was one of those who volunteered to slap some paint on; I’d say that there may be more usable original structure in Lys Helig than there was in Tally Ho!

Slocum applies in both cases.

A detail - I did notice that she has her original Reid’s of Paisley windlass and that is certainly restorable.

http://www.stonemarine.co.uk/downloads/pdfs/thomasreidbrochure.pdf

DanTribe

Visit site
I wish them bon voyage. She appears to be near Branklet now.
I had intended to go and see them off but laziness got in the way.