Liveaboard video

nathanlee

Visit site
Well, technically at least, since I do live aboard.

I decided to buy a camcorder and do a video blog of my trip around Britain, part of of said recordings can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgOYR-5upgU

I'm going to try and make them a bit more interesting as I go along. This is the first time I've done anything like this, so there's a lot to learn.

Well, it looks like I've finally succumbed to a youtube account anyway - I was doing so well at holding out too /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

demonboy

www.youtube.com
Go for it, Nathan. I can't view your clip right now as I'm at anchor but I've bookmarked it for perusal later. Looking forward to a series of clips as you work your way around the UK.

We have some vid clips on our site, including the ever popular cat swimming one, and I realise how much fun they are to watch for family, friends and other sailors. We're going to be making more of an effort with it in the future and I'm thinking of new and interesting things to take clips of (ie not just flappy sails and seagulls). I would suggest that whilst people are interested in your voyage, they'll be just as interested in the towns, places and people you visit/meet when you hit land.

I'm no pro but some recommendations:

- start with a title that includes a date and location
- avoid using the same clip twice
- try talking directly to camera and mixing it with post-production voice over
- keep it short. I find 20 mins of footage gives me 3-5 mins of good, usable clips
- use short clips as opposed to one long one

Profphilpot

Visit site
I very new to this how the hell do i set up a new topic or post? a message to all? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Help......

nickrj

www.bigoceans.com
'Stick another reef in, 'cause this is [--word removed--]'

Heh, hilarious /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nice video & I liked the music. Did you make it? Do you listen to Thinner.cc?

n

nathanlee

Visit site
Cheers folks! I spent last night watching it over and over again, wondering whether or not to post it, but Im glad I did now. I'll feel a bit more comfortable doing the next one now too.

Nick, the first track is by a good mate of mine who goes by the name of Dome. The second track is indeed one of mine. I might see if I can make a habit of a mix of unknown guest tunes and some of mine actually - it makes it a bit more interesting (and legal) I think.

FullCircle

Visit site
Great job, looking forward to the next one.

If you need a lift to the shops, let me know. There arent any in Fambridge.

grumpygit

Visit site
Well done and good effort with your video doc, looking forward till next episode.

Enjoy your trip and keep safe.

---------------------------------------------------------- /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

prettyjazs

Visit site
nice idea about it i also dreamed of living aboard but I cant because of my work the song is pretty cool i'm looking forward for the next video

tarik

Visit site
Nathan,

Great video, want to be the first to place an order for the DVD once you have completed your round trip !

Don't forget to contact me when you reach Ramsgate - I'll buy you a well earned beer.

David