Lightweight Gangway recommendations

Irish Rover

Visit site
The boat I'm currently in the process of buying comes with a fairly ugly and heavyish plank type gangway. I'm looking for something a bit lighter, more user friendly and less ugly. I saw a nice plastic one in my local marina today - no brand on it
20240304_105605.jpg

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site

ashtead

Visit site
You might find something on sites for dog owners -think of a ramp for the aging hound to get on board with. They are not pretty but fold in half and hence can be stored in a locker etc -belief design though for Range Rovers etc .

Irish Rover

Visit site

Alicatt

Visit site
Don't laugh, but when I was looking at replacing my heavy wooden gangplank I seriously considered one of these ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LIEKUMM-Motorbike-680kg-Capacity-Motorcycle/dp/B0B6366MLM/

... would need some mods to add wheels on one end and a locating pin at the other ... but still relatively cheap.
Interesting, wife and I were talking about a gangplank to go from the boat to the canal side when moored up outside of a marina, that looks like just the job

fredrussell

Visit site
I’m in the building trade and can do you a scaffold board for £20. If you want it varnished, £30. Hinged and varnished, £32.
Deluxe model is hinged, varnished and comes with a scaffold pole hand rail. £40

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
Passerelles always seem ridiculously expensive for what they are. Keep looking on eBay etc and you might get lucky. We picked up one very similar to this one Force 4 Folding Gangway with Wood Grating | Force 4 Chandlery
for £150 complete with hand rail and stanchion set. It’s a pain to store but invaluable when it’s needed. I did have to wait for months before I found it.

Concerto

Visit site
You could easily make a passerelle using 2 pieces of rectangular plastic ducting for strength and fix a solid top surface. Use custom made stainless steel parts for each end to suit your boat. Even making it folding would be easy to incorporate. I only suggest this as today I was throwing away a short section of ducting and could not believe how strong it was. This is what I suggest, but it is available from many sources.

Rectangular Flat Duct 204 x 60 mm x 2 m

Irish Rover

Visit site
Passerelles always seem ridiculously expensive for what they are. Keep looking on eBay etc and you might get lucky. We picked up one very similar to this one Force 4 Folding Gangway with Wood Grating | Force 4 Chandlery
for £150 complete with hand rail and stanchion set. It’s a pain to store but invaluable when it’s needed. I did have to wait for months before I found it.
eBay, as you know it, hasn't reached Türkiye yet, maalesef.
That's a nice looking gangway. It's not dissimilar to the one in my #10 which is from Germany so delivers to Croatia where I'll be collecting my new to me boat.